India pictures

Old September 20th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Kris

Default India pictures

Hi,

Just returned from India where I shot about 1000pics.
I put just a few of them in a Flash slideshow thing on the web... anyone
care to comment? Thanks!

http://www.kvdv.easynet.be/

-Kris

Old September 20th, 2003, 01:41 PM
kim isaksen

Great.!

iM off for india for 6 months now. Good to catch some of that athmosphere..

/iM

t.net...

Old September 20th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Alfred Molon

In article t,
says...
Hi,

Just returned from India where I shot about 1000pics.
I put just a few of them in a Flash slideshow thing on the web... anyone
care to comment? Thanks!

http://www.kvdv.easynet.be/

Cool site with the music and flash show. The composition of the images
is good, show some original style. But perhaps next time use a better
camera, as the image quality of many images is quite bad (many are
blurred, have a very bad white balance, are under/overexposed).

Perhaps you could also create a gallery with thumbnails.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Malaysia,
Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Budapest and Portugal
Old September 20th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Kris

Alfred,

I scanned the original slides with an HP S20, which is hardly a professional
slide/film scanner.
Furthermore, to limit the flash movie I had to use high compression on the
images, so therefor the quality is very limited.

Kris

news.com...

Old September 20th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Kris

Really? I thought flash came standard with all major webbrowsers?

"Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
"Kris" writes:

Hi,

Just returned from India where I shot about 1000pics.
I put just a few of them in a Flash slideshow thing on the web... anyone
care to comment? Thanks!

Many people don't use flashplayers.

Make a normal webpage which can be viewed by all.

Old September 20th, 2003, 05:02 PM
Bob

Nice photos, but may I suggest a simpler html page where people can browse
the photos rather than having to sit through the Flash presentation?

Bob

--
Travel and Astonomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo

Old September 20th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Miguel Cruz

Kris wrote:
Just returned from India where I shot about 1000pics.
I put just a few of them in a Flash slideshow thing on the web... anyone
care to comment? Thanks!

http://www.kvdv.easynet.be/

The pictures were interesting but the transitions and the fact that I can't
control when it advances from one to the next were annoying enough that I
gave up after 5 or 6 photos.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old September 20th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Miguel Cruz

Kris wrote:
Furthermore, to limit the flash movie I had to use high compression on the
images, so therefor the quality is very limited.

I think the answer is to abandon the Flash approach. It's not very
well-suited to this sort of thing.

Old September 20th, 2003, 07:12 PM
BillKirch

care to comment? Thanks!

I liked it. BG
Old September 21st, 2003, 08:37 AM
Mark Pannell

I liked the pictures and the presentation. Where about in India did you go.
I'm going at the end of the year to New Delhi, Agra, Udaipur and Mumbai.

Mark