Places near Swiss border in Italy

Old June 9th, 2005, 07:05 PM
shobhit

Default Places near Swiss border in Italy

Can someone suggest places in Italy near swiss border , that have
Alpine beauty ?Anything bearing little resemblance would be OK .

I beleive there are some plaes worth seeing near swiss border (Brigenze
? ).If anyone who has been to this part or lives there , please
enlighten me about those places and best means to travel.

Regards
Shobhit

Old June 9th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Nathalie Chiva

On 9 Jun 2005 11:05:36 -0700, "shobhit" wrote:

Can someone suggest places in Italy near swiss border , that have
Alpine beauty ?Anything bearing little resemblance would be OK .

I beleive there are some plaes worth seeing near swiss border (Brigenze
? ).If anyone who has been to this part or lives there , please
enlighten me about those places and best means to travel.

Regards
Shobhit

The Gran Paradiso natural park (near Aosta) is beautiful, and great
for trekking. Aosta itself, despite what it looks like when you just
skim its border, is a lovely little town, with Roman ruins and killer
restaurants. I know a few good places (hotels and restaurants) in that
neighborhood, so if you're interested, I'll post them.

Nathalie in Switzerland
Old June 9th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Zichu

"shobhit" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can someone suggest places in Italy near swiss border , that have
Alpine beauty ?Anything bearing little resemblance would be OK .

I beleive there are some plaes worth seeing near swiss border (Brigenze
? ).If anyone who has been to this part or lives there , please
enlighten me about those places and best means to travel.

Regards
Shobhit

Have a look at the Canton of Ticino. It is the one next to Italy and it is
predominatly Italophone. It covers the top bit of Lago Maggiore and Lake
Lugano.

Old June 9th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On 9 Jun 2005 11:05:36 -0700, "shobhit" wrote:

Can someone suggest places in Italy near swiss border , that have
Alpine beauty ?Anything bearing little resemblance would be OK .

I beleive there are some plaes worth seeing near swiss border (Brigenze
? ).If anyone who has been to this part or lives there , please
enlighten me about those places and best means to travel.

Where the heck is Brigenze? I've never heard of it!

Como, which is very close to the border, although the town itself is
only worth a couple of hours. There is however a good tourist office
there, and they can give you some really good ideas of what to do.

I also know a good pizza place there if you want, but I have to look
it up.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:06 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"Deep Foiled Malls" wrote in
message ...
On 9 Jun 2005 11:05:36 -0700, "shobhit" wrote:

Can someone suggest places in Italy near swiss border , that have
Alpine beauty ?Anything bearing little resemblance would be OK .

I beleive there are some plaes worth seeing near swiss border (Brigenze
? ).If anyone who has been to this part or lives there , please
enlighten me about those places and best means to travel.

Where the heck is Brigenze? I've never heard of it!

My guess is a certain place in Austria

tim

Old June 9th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 22:06:36 +0200, "tim \(moved to sweden\)"
wrote:

"Deep Foiled Malls" wrote in
message ...
On 9 Jun 2005 11:05:36 -0700, "shobhit" wrote:

Can someone suggest places in Italy near swiss border , that have
Alpine beauty ?Anything bearing little resemblance would be OK .

I beleive there are some plaes worth seeing near swiss border (Brigenze
? ).If anyone who has been to this part or lives there , please
enlighten me about those places and best means to travel.

Where the heck is Brigenze? I've never heard of it!

My guess is a certain place in Austria

I can only think of Brunico, Bressanone, or maybe Bellinzona, none of
which are in Austria!
--
---
Old June 9th, 2005, 10:15 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"Deep Foiled Malls" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 22:06:36 +0200, "tim \(moved to sweden\)"
wrote:

"Deep Foiled Malls" wrote in
message ...
On 9 Jun 2005 11:05:36 -0700, "shobhit" wrote:

Can someone suggest places in Italy near swiss border , that have
Alpine beauty ?Anything bearing little resemblance would be OK .

I beleive there are some plaes worth seeing near swiss border (Brigenze
? ).If anyone who has been to this part or lives there , please
enlighten me about those places and best means to travel.

Where the heck is Brigenze? I've never heard of it!

My guess is a certain place in Austria

I can only think of Brunico, Bressanone, or maybe Bellinzona, none of
which are in Austria!

Bregenz, seems to match the phonetics (but not the description)

tim

Old June 10th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Sophie T

"Nathalie Chiva" wrote in
message ...
On 9 Jun 2005 11:05:36 -0700, "shobhit" wrote:

Can someone suggest places in Italy near swiss border , that have
Alpine beauty ?Anything bearing little resemblance would be OK .

I beleive there are some plaes worth seeing near swiss border (Brigenze
? ).If anyone who has been to this part or lives there , please
enlighten me about those places and best means to travel.

Regards
Shobhit

The Gran Paradiso natural park (near Aosta) is beautiful, and great
for trekking. Aosta itself, despite what it looks like when you just
skim its border, is a lovely little town, with Roman ruins and killer
restaurants. I know a few good places (hotels and restaurants) in that
neighborhood, so if you're interested, I'll post them.

Nathalie in Switzerland

I just wanted to say that yes, this area is quite beautiful. I think it's
hard to find any places that aren't beautiful between Switzerland and Italy.
:-)

Sophie---married to a Swiss. :-)

Old June 10th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Frank

We stayed around Como, Italy. The Swiss border is about 20 minutes away. You
can see Bellagio or Menagio, which is pretty cool.

We did a day trip to Luzern from Como. Took a few hours but it was worth it.

Frank

oups.com...