Ft. Myers

Old June 21st, 2008, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Synwave

Default Ft. Myers

Is there and nice but cheap Hotel by Ft Myers Airport.
Thanks for any help.

Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 6/21/2008 4:33 PM synwave plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:
Is there and nice but cheap Hotel by Ft Myers Airport.
Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure of any cruises coming out of Ft. Myers. Tampa yes but not
Ft. Myers. If you aren't cruising, you may get better responses at
rec.travel.usa-canada.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Synwave

Your right about not having a cruise leaving Ft. Myer's.

We are leaving from Fort Lauderdale on the cruise, but the Air we got is
only $200.00 return, instead of $400.00.

So we are flying into Ft Myer's, hiring a car, and travelling to Ft
Lauderdale the day before.

But the flight gets in at 7:00pm so we need a Hotel.

m...
said:
Is there and nice but cheap Hotel by Ft Myers Airport.
Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure of any cruises coming out of Ft. Myers. Tampa yes but not Ft.
Myers. If you aren't cruising, you may get better responses at
rec.travel.usa-canada.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

Old June 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 6/22/2008 5:33 PM synwave plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:
Your right about not having a cruise leaving Ft. Myer's.

We are leaving from Fort Lauderdale on the cruise, but the Air we got is
only $200.00 return, instead of $400.00.

So we are flying into Ft Myer's, hiring a car, and travelling to Ft
Lauderdale the day before.

But the flight gets in at 7:00pm so we need a Hotel.

m...

said:

Is there and nice but cheap Hotel by Ft Myers Airport.
Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure of any cruises coming out of Ft. Myers. Tampa yes but not Ft.
Myers. If you aren't cruising, you may get better responses at
rec.travel.usa-canada.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

I like some of the boutique hotels and bed & breakfast. They are
located north of some of the big hotels. I've had good experiences on
Terramar, Lunamar, and Birch. Some swear by Tropirock close to Ft.
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea community. They may not have all the bells and
whistles as some of the high-end larger hotels. But they make up for it
in "Where the Boys Are" archetecture, neon like South Beach, friendly
staff, and charm. Some have will not accept a one night stay. But if you
plan to have a post cruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale for at least 3 nights
at their lodging, they will book you.

If you like all the bells & whistles, and don't mind paying more,
Yankee Clipper and Yankee Trader are good choices. Clipper is closer to
the 17th St. Bridge and Port Everglades. Good restaurants like Cafe
Casablanca and there's a restaurant on the other side of the 17th Street
bridge that is quite good. Cafe Casablanca is closer to Trader and the
other place who's name I forget is closer to Clipper. For less money, on
the Southbound side of A1A is a sports bar called The Quarterdeck. It's
a mini-chain with another location in the Florida Keys. They make good
Southern Florida food like Conch (pronounced konk) chowder, conch
fritters, rock crab legs (expensive everywhere due to limited permitted
catch) and grilled dolphin (not Flipper or any of his relatives!).
Embassy Suites gets good and bad reviews. There's a Comfort Inn, off
one of the main highways, but I feel that it's in a bad area. I wouldn't
consider going out for a walk at night.
Several miles north of Ft. Lauderdale, is a seafood place that many a
president has dined at and come back for more. It's called Cappy's
Place. By reservation only, it's on an island in the Inland Waterway.
You get there by skiff or sailboat from the restaurant's parking lot
near the yacht club. Try the Snapper Soup. It is very tasty. Damn the
cost, I ordered seconds!

Las Olas, is the main entertainment area with boutique stores,
restaurants, and bars with free entertainment. If you want to get more
info about Ft. Lauderdale, set your browser to: http://sunny.org. I like
Ft. Lauderdale more than South Beach, Miami. It's more laid back,
especially off-season when lots of Germans, Japanese, Dutch, and Swill
come to visit. The rates are much lower at that time.

Hope that this helps some.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

I like some of the boutique hotels and bed & breakfast. �They are
located north of some of the big hotels. I've had good experiences on
Terramar, Lunamar, and Birch. Some swear by Tropirock close to Ft.
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea community. �

-=-=-

Brian,

Tropirock is not near Lauderdale-by-the-Sea (No Ft. in the name).
Tropirock is in the "Mar's", as you call it. 2900 Belmar , Fort
Lauderdale, Florida 33304 , www.tropirock.com
just off A1A and Las Olas.

Steve in LBTS
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 6/25/2008 3:14 PM plucked Senior Frog's
Magic Twanger and said:
I like some of the boutique hotels and bed & breakfast. �They are
located north of some of the big hotels. I've had good experiences on
Terramar, Lunamar, and Birch. Some swear by Tropirock close to Ft.
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea community. �

-=-=-

Brian,

Tropirock is not near Lauderdale-by-the-Sea (No Ft. in the name).
Tropirock is in the "Mar's", as you call it. 2900 Belmar , Fort
Lauderdale, Florida 33304 ,
www.tropirock.com
just off A1A and Las Olas.

Steve in LBTS

Steve,

Thanks for the geographic correction. It is near Commerce Drive, no?
It's another place I was thinking of that's near Ft. Lauderdale-By-The-Sea.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old June 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

Brian - I think synwave's plan was to overnight in Ft. Myers and then
drive to Ft. Lauderdale the next morning. Thus, seeking advice for Ft.
Myers lodging, not FtL lodging.
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 6/26/2008 10:55 AM LeeNY plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:
Brian - I think synwave's plan was to overnight in Ft. Myers and then
drive to Ft. Lauderdale the next morning. Thus, seeking advice for Ft.
Myers lodging, not FtL lodging.

I may have been confused by the following:

So we are flying into Ft Myer's, hiring a car, and traveling to Ft
Lauderdale the day before.

As I understand it, they are flying into Ft. Myers and plan to be in Ft.
Lauderdale the day before the cruise. That's what the above statement
says to me.

But then synewave says:
But the flight gets in at 7:00pm so we need a Hotel.

By this statement it seems to me that they want a hotel in Ft. Myers.
They will stay overnight in Ft. Myers by the airport. The next day they
will drive to Ft. Lauderdale - but will be embarking on the cruise the
following day. That implies another stay in a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.
Or, am I having a Gracie Allen moment?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera