Paris - Driving into or How to Park Outside City and Taxi/Metro in...TIA...

Old April 20th, 2007, 02:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ding Dong Daddy

Default Paris - Driving into or How to Park Outside City and Taxi/Metro in...TIA...

Two friends and I will be driving into Paris from Belgium next Friday
night.

What is the best way to park the car outside the city for 3 days and
taxi or Metro in late at night to our hotel?

CDG? Or somewhere else?

Or, should we just drive into city centre and park at a car park near
the hotel?

Thanks,
DDD
Old April 20th, 2007, 03:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
RAK

"Ding Dong Daddy" wrote in message
Two friends and I will be driving into Paris from Belgium next Friday
night.

What is the best way to park the car outside the city for 3 days and
taxi or Metro in late at night to our hotel?

CDG? Or somewhere else?

Or, should we just drive into city centre and park at a car park near
the hotel?

Depends where in Paris.
It is hard for anyone (well, me anyway) to guess which hotel/area you are
staying in.
Why not ask the hotel if there is parking nearby?

I would not use a car in central Paris, and I prefer to go there by train.

Old April 20th, 2007, 03:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ding Dong Daddy

Sorry, Central Paris, at Hôtel Etats-Unis Opéra...

Hotel parking is 100 meters nearby.

So park at CDG?

DDD

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:40:08 +0100, "RAK" wrote:

.. .

Old April 20th, 2007, 04:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Smith[_2_]

Ding Dong Daddy wrote:

What is the best way to park the car outside the city for 3 days and
taxi or Metro in late at night to our hotel?

CDG? Or somewhere else?

Or, should we just drive into city centre and park at a car park near
the hotel?

If it is a rental car you might consider dumping it with the rental
company. Having been to Paris several times I would suggest that you do
not want to drive there, nor is there any need to. Downtown parking is
hard to come by and very expensive. You can get around town easily by
Metro. If you are staying right downtown most things are within walking
distance, and it is a great city for walking.
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
RAK

"Ding Dong Daddy" wrote in message
Sorry, Central Paris, at Hôtel Etats-Unis Opéra...

Hotel parking is 100 meters nearby.

So park at CDG?

I suspect airport parking at CDG is very expensive (I have never used it,
but airport parking here in London is very expensive. Doesn't the Hilton
have parking or maybe a discount at an outside car park?

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:40:08 +0100, "RAK" wrote:

. ..

Old April 20th, 2007, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"RAK" kirjoitti
. com...

I suspect airport parking at CDG is very expensive (I have never used it,
but airport parking here in London is very expensive. Doesn't the Hilton
have parking or maybe a discount at an outside car park?

Seems to be around 2.40 euros an hour and 20 euros a day.

Old April 20th, 2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge1

Nooo not CDG !!!
very expensive and a long way from Paris
There are a few free places near the metro, where is exactly your hotel ?

Old April 20th, 2007, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:32:56 +0100, "RAK"
wrote:

"Ding Dong Daddy" wrote in message
.. .
Sorry, Central Paris, at Hôtel Etats-Unis Opéra...

Hotel parking is 100 meters nearby.

So park at CDG?

I suspect airport parking at CDG is very expensive (I have never used it,
but airport parking here in London is very expensive. Doesn't the Hilton
have parking or maybe a discount at an outside car park?

Is this a rental car or a personally owned car? If it's a rental,
he should turn it back in for the days he is in Paris.

Old April 21st, 2007, 09:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
JuanElorza[_5_]

on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:06:10 +0200, Runge1 wrotte:

Nooo not CDG !!!
very expensive and a long way from Paris
There are a few free places near the metro, where is exactly your hotel

In Paris central arrondissements (historic center) hotels avec no
parkings.
In peripheral parts of the city and in first ring suburbs, some have
Else use a parking lot.
http://www.vincipark.com/appli/wvncp...dex_paris.html