Paris - Driving into or How to Park Outside City and Taxi/Metro in...TIA...

Old April 21st, 2007, 02:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Peel

Default Paris - Driving into or How to Park Outside City and Taxi/Metroin...TIA...

Ding Dong Daddy wrote:
Two friends and I will be driving into Paris from Belgium next Friday
night.

What is the best way to park the car outside the city for 3 days and
taxi or Metro in late at night to our hotel?

CDG? Or somewhere else?

Or, should we just drive into city centre and park at a car park near
the hotel?

Thanks,
DDD

We found street parking at the weekend in the area of Asnieres. The
taxi ride from there into town was pretty reasonable.
There is a Carrefour shopping mall with a huge carpark near the Parc
d'Expositions not far from CDG, and there is a Metro or RER station
nearby. Haven't tried that as an alternative, I didn't like to leave a
private car standing there unattended for so long.
T.