Have anyone explored all of Europe?

Old May 8th, 2012, 07:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mark Brader

Default Have anyone explored all of Europe?

Scott Chandler:
Our family did a 2 month tour and only spent time in 7 countries and
felt like we didn't scratch the surface. I also found that we tended
to enjoy the spots that we spent the most time in.

Of course, that's likely to happen if you spend the most time in the
spots you enjoy the most.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Logic is logic. That's all I say."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

On 2012-04-24 04:20:10 +0000, Ayesha said:

How much time is required to explore all and everything of Europe? Do
people go for such extensive expeditions? Is there someone who can say
I have seen 100% of Europe?

By "everything", do you mean "everything"? Every city and hamlet, all
the restaurants, historic sites and bucolic scenes?

The answer, now and forever, is an unqualified "no".

Not before lunch, certainly.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 05/08/2012 08:46 PM, Mark Brader wrote:
Scott Chandler:
Our family did a 2 month tour and only spent time in 7 countries and
felt like we didn't scratch the surface. I also found that we tended
to enjoy the spots that we spent the most time in.

Of course, that's likely to happen if you spend the most time in the
spots you enjoy the most.

Over the past years a group of us have been walking across Europe. This
is only practical at intervals, but we have covered Switzerland and half
of France. What I found most fascinating is that you can relate the
changes in the geography, even the kind of mud and stones you walk
through, to the names of the regions. Each region is different. This was
most striking in France - when you cross the Rhone, the soil changes
abruptly, as do the crops grown in the fields, and changes again when
you get to the Auvergne.

Old May 9th, 2012, 11:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Doug Anderson

Tom P writes:

[...]

This shouldn't be fundamentally suprising. Historically, geography
has a significant influence on regional boundaries.