LAX to John Wayne Airport ...

Old March 26th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Not the Karl Orff

Default LAX to John Wayne Airport ...

In article
outtravelling.com,
"neushan" wrote:

Are there shuttle buses between the two airports? I looked into a taxi or
other driving service and am still recovering from the shock of the high
price quotes! Somebody..please help!

Oneway car rental may be the way to go. Super Shuttle may have service
but a car rental may work out cheaper.
Old March 26th, 2004, 10:03 PM
neushan

Old March 27th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Nathan Benedict

Here are two shuttles:

Transportation from LAX to SNA (John Wayne/Orange County Airport)
NAME OF VEHICLE TYPE
PHONE NUMBER DESTINATION COST
Super Shuttle Blue/Gold Van
(800) 258-3826 LAX/SNA $20.00

LA Express Yellow/Blue Van
(800) 427-7483 LAX to SN

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message
In article
outtravelling.com,

Old March 27th, 2004, 03:57 AM
mtravelkay

Not the Karl Orff wrote:
In article
outtravelling.com,
"neushan" wrote:

Are there shuttle buses between the two airports? I looked into a taxi or
other driving service and am still recovering from the shock of the high
price quotes! Somebody..please help!

Oneway car rental may be the way to go. Super Shuttle may have service
but a car rental may work out cheaper.

Probably not for one person, and pioking up a car from LAX is a hassle.

Old March 27th, 2004, 03:58 AM
mtravelkay

neushan wrote:

Are there shuttle buses between the two airports? I looked into a taxi or
other driving service and am still recovering from the shock of the high
price quotes! Somebody..please help!

Super Shuttle does it for about $20.
Car rental at LAX would be a hassle.

Old March 27th, 2004, 05:41 AM
user too

"mtravelkay" wrote in message
om...
neushan wrote:

Are there shuttle buses between the two airports? I looked into a taxi

or
other driving service and am still recovering from the shock of the high
price quotes! Somebody..please help!

Super Shuttle does it for about $20.
Car rental at LAX would be a hassle.

Why is it a hassle? Shuttle bus from your terminal to the counter.

Old March 27th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Bruce Davis

...and at SNA, the car rental return is in the parking garage directly across
from the terminal--a one minute walk--probably the easiest of any airport.
Old March 28th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Ken Ishiguro

neushan wrote:

Are there shuttle buses between the two airports? I looked into a taxi

or
other driving service and am still recovering from the shock of the high
price quotes! Somebody..please help!

Super Shuttle does it for about $20.
Car rental at LAX would be a hassle.

Not a hassle. Many rental car companies consider cars at both airports part
of the LAX "pool". You can usually drop off at another LA area airport and
it will NOT be considered a one-way rental. The biggest hassle will be
traffic, if you attempt the drive between 6-9am or 330-630pm on a weekday.
Any other time of day it should take about 50-70 minutes to drive. BTW, if
you have another person with you, there is a HOV lane the entire distance.

I would recommend Super Shuttle if you don't want to hassle with LA traffic.

Ken Ishiguro

Old March 28th, 2004, 08:39 AM
mtravelkay

neushan wrote:

Are there shuttle buses between the two airports? I looked into a taxi

or

other driving service and am still recovering from the shock of the high
price quotes! Somebody..please help!

Super Shuttle does it for about $20.
Car rental at LAX would be a hassle.

Not a hassle. Many rental car companies consider cars at both airports part
of the LAX "pool". You can usually drop off at another LA area airport and
it will NOT be considered a one-way rental.

I wasn't referring to the one way rental as a hassle.
Just this.. Wait for bus.. wait in line for car rental.. (assume not
Elite) drop car off wait for check in. Of course, I once took
SuperShuttle and it made a stop in Seal Beach before it went to SNA, and
do to cancellation of the AA flight from LAX-SNA, 6 of the 7 of us were
going to SNA.

Old March 29th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Ken Ishiguro

"mtravelkay" wrote in message
om...

Of course, I once took
SuperShuttle and it made a stop in Seal Beach before it went to SNA, and
do to cancellation of the AA flight from LAX-SNA, 6 of the 7 of us were
going to SNA.

I once got on a Super Shuttle. The driver was working out some sort of a
problem on the radio. He told me another van had broken down, and asked if
it was OK if he rescued the other vanload. There would be 3 stops after
that, but he would not charge me for the trip to Irvine due to the
inconvenience. I agreed because I wasn't in any hurry.

After rescuing the other passengers in a pretty questionable area near the
105/110, I got a tour of Palos Verdes, then Bellflower, then Hawaiian
Gardens before finally getting to Irvine. I didn't see anything remotely
resembling Hawaii in Hawaiian Gardens!

Ken Ishiguro