Travel fron London to Dublin

Old August 13th, 2010, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

Default Travel fron London to Dublin

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
tim.... wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 14:25:26 -0400, Cathy L
wrote:

We took the train and boat from London to Dublin last month. It was a
very enjoyable experence. Quite inexpensive too. I would highly
recommend it.

Which ferry did you use? GBP200 return isn't particularly cheap.

where did they say they paid 200 pounds.

return fares by train from 55.00

Ryanair currently have fares from Liverpool to Krakow for £7.

Note that word "currently"!

The quoted train fares to Dublin are available, all day, every day
(presumably except Xmas/Boxing day!), on any amount of notice.

tim

Old August 14th, 2010, 12:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:47:46 +0100, "tim...."
wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

We took the train and boat from London to Dublin last month. It was a
very enjoyable experence. Quite inexpensive too. I would highly
recommend it.

Which ferry did you use? GBP200 return isn't particularly cheap.

where did they say they paid 200 pounds.

return fares by train from 55.00

Ryanair currently have fares from Liverpool to Krakow for £7.

Note that word "currently"!

The quoted train fares to Dublin are available, all day, every day
(presumably except Xmas/Boxing day!), on any amount of notice.

The final destination is some distance to the south of Cork, in fact about
as
far as you can get without falling off the southern end of Ireland.

I'm afraid you are confusing discussions. The final destination of this one
is Dublin (the clue is in the title)

tim

--

Martin

Old August 14th, 2010, 02:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:53:54 +0100, "tim...."
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Maybe it helps you to be less confused, if you read the whole thread
before
commenting.

The total thread from start to this one contains absolutely nothing about
any destination except for Dublin - and David's use of Krakow as a
comparison

The thread about the ferry to Cork is elsewhere.

tim

Old August 14th, 2010, 03:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 14:32:49 +0100, "tim...."
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:53:54 +0100, "tim...."

wrote:

m...

wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in
message
. uk...

wrote:

[...]

OH NO IT ISN'T

I suggest you expand the whole thread and you will see that I am right as
your firts post is on a different SUB thread to the one that I started, that
David I replied to.

You cannot expect to link comments on different SUB thread from the same
original post.

I added my question under the original post, which was posted by
our virtual traveller. On 13-10-2010 at 1921 you added to the thread to
ask
where they said £200 and snipped my question about getting Cork.

I'm willing accept that your knowledge is limited to train travel.

I am fully conversant with the concept (and fares) for plane (and ferry)
travel

tim

Old August 21st, 2010, 02:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Cathy L[_5_]

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 23:15:09 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 14:25:26 -0400, Cathy L wrote:

We took the train and boat from London to Dublin last month. It was a
very enjoyable experence. Quite inexpensive too. I would highly
recommend it.

Which ferry did you use? GBP200 return isn't particularly cheap.

We took this one:
http://www.seat61.com/Ireland.htm
It was 30.5 GBP

Cathy
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mal Ware[_2_]

On 8/21/2010 6:34 AM Cathy L actually thought someone would care and wrote:

We took this one:

"Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a few people that, for some
strange reason, choose to belittle anyone that asks for help.

I trust you all enjoy each others warped sense of humor. Have a great
life."