Las Vegas - good consumer electronics shop recommendation?

Old December 11th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Don Kirkman

It seems to me I heard somewhere that PeterL wrote in article
:

"Zorpetus" wrote in message
roups.com...
Could someone recommend me some good consumer electronics (ham radio,
GPS, receivers, RF electronics, bug detectors etc.) shop in Las Vegas?
Any info (URL) is very appreciated.

Fry's electronics:

LAS VEGAS, NV
6845 Las Vegas Blvd

http://www.frys.com/

I've never seen ham radio equipment in the large Fry's stores in the Los
Angeles area, probably because ham radio is a much smaller market than
the other electronics you mention (since HR requires a federal license
which requires sitting for an exam), but you should be able to check
through their web site.

Amateur Electronic Supply is running a magazine ad showing an address of
4640 South Polaris Ave., LV 89103 (1-800-634-6227) and corporate Web URL
at www.aesham.com. I can't tell you a thing about the company except
that their ad shows some gear I wish I could afford and was bright
enough to operate. :-)
--
Don

Old December 12th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article . com,
"Zorpetus" wrote:

I like to walk - so there would be no problem to go there by foot.

However, it would be nice if I could see some king of their
pricelist/catalog before visiting them. Any hint for the URL?
www.frys.com doesn't give any of those.

Why don't you contact Fry's to request a catalog? The contact info is on
their web site.

Old December 12th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Go Fig

In article . com,
Zorpetus wrote:

I like to walk - so there would be no problem to go there by foot.

However, it would be nice if I could see some king of their
pricelist/catalog before visiting them. Any hint for the URL?
www.frys.com doesn't give any of those.

http://www.outpost.com ‚ fry's stores

jay
Sun Dec 12, 2004

Old December 12th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Don Kirkman

It seems to me I heard somewhere that Shawn Hearn wrote in article
:

Fry's sales URL is www.outpost.com, oddly enough.
--
Don