Florida trip

Old May 13th, 2007, 12:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
BlackHat

Default Florida trip

Hi,

Does anyone know any motels or any other way of cheap accommodation on
Florida? I manage to find one in Miami (www.theclayhotel.com) under 30 USD /
day in their hostel and I book it.

I've found some with similar price range in

Tampa (Grams place)

Fort Lauderdale (Deauville Hostel and Crewhouse)

St. Augustine (The Pirate Haus Inn and Hostel)

Key West (Key West Youth Hostel & Sea Shell Motel)

I didn't found any in Jacksonville or Saint Petersburg.

Can you please help me with comments about the hostels I've already found or
recommend some other hostel I've missed?

Thank you where much for any help.

Best regards!

Old May 13th, 2007, 01:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"BlackHat" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know any motels or any other way of cheap accommodation on
Florida? I manage to find one in Miami (www.theclayhotel.com) under 30 USD /
day in their hostel and I book it.

I've found some with similar price range in

Tampa (Grams place)

Fort Lauderdale (Deauville Hostel and Crewhouse)

St. Augustine (The Pirate Haus Inn and Hostel)

Key West (Key West Youth Hostel & Sea Shell Motel)

I didn't found any in Jacksonville or Saint Petersburg.

Can you please help me with comments about the hostels I've already found or
recommend some other hostel I've missed?

Check travel related web sites such as http://www.expedia.com to see
what turns up. Room rates in Florida are very dependent on when you
intend to travel.
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:36 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
BlackHat

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article ,

Check travel related web sites such as http://www.expedia.com to see
what turns up. Room rates in Florida are very dependent on when you
intend to travel.

I'll be on Florida from May 27th till June 17th. First week I'll be in Miami
and Key West, second week in Orlando and Jacksonville and last week I plan
to visit west coast - Tampa, Saint Petersburg and Naples.

cheers

Old May 14th, 2007, 05:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

"BlackHat" wrote:
I'll be on Florida from May 27th till June 17th.
First week I'll be in Miami and Key West,
second week in Orlando and Jacksonville and
last week I plan to visit west coast - Tampa,
Saint Petersburg and Naples.

That is generally the low season in Florida and not too
hot, so its a good time of the year to save money. If
you'd like to upgrade from hostels, the cheaper brand
hotels a Days Inn, Motel 6, Red Roof Inn, Super 8
Motel, Econolodge, and some Best Westerns. These
tend to be 2-3 stories with outside corridor entry, room
AC units and a cable TV. They usually congregate near
interstate exits and older major highways. =R=

Old May 14th, 2007, 09:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K

On 5/13/2007 5:36 PM BlackHat wrote:
"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message

In article ,

Check travel related web sites such as http://www.expedia.com to see
what turns up. Room rates in Florida are very dependent on when you
intend to travel.

I'll be on Florida from May 27th till June 17th. First week I'll be in Miami
and Key West, second week in Orlando and Jacksonville and last week I plan
to visit west coast - Tampa, Saint Petersburg and Naples.

cheers

I'd drop Jacksonville. It really isn't much of a tourist destination as
are the other locations. If you drop it, that will give you more time
for the west coast.

--
____
Brian M. Kochera

Old May 14th, 2007, 09:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
BlackHat

"Brian K" wrote in message
link.net...
On 5/13/2007 5:36 PM BlackHat wrote:
"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message

In article ,

I'll be on Florida from May 27th till June 17th. First week I'll be in
Miami and Key West, second week in Orlando and Jacksonville and last week
I plan to visit west coast - Tampa, Saint Petersburg and Naples.

cheers

I'd drop Jacksonville. It really isn't much of a tourist destination as
are the other locations. If you drop it, that will give you more time for
the west coast.

Actually I've planned to visit Jacksonville for only a day, and then go on
the west coast. Except Tampa, Saint Petersburg and Naples what else would
you recommend to visit?

Best regards

Old May 14th, 2007, 02:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sarah Banick

"BlackHat" wrote in message
"Brian K" wrote in message
link.net...
On 5/13/2007 5:36 PM BlackHat wrote:
"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message

In article ,

I'll be on Florida from May 27th till June 17th. First week I'll be in
Miami and Key West, second week in Orlando and Jacksonville and last
week I plan to visit west coast - Tampa, Saint Petersburg and Naples.

cheers

I'd drop Jacksonville. It really isn't much of a tourist destination as
are the other locations. If you drop it, that will give you more time
for the west coast.

Actually I've planned to visit Jacksonville for only a day, and then go on
the west coast. Except Tampa, Saint Petersburg and Naples what else would
you recommend to visit?

Best regards

As recently mentioned in another thread, St. Augustine. It is the oldest
city in the U.S. And Kennedy Space Center, if you're into that sort of
thing.

Old May 15th, 2007, 11:37 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"BlackHat" wrote:

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article ,

Check travel related web sites such as http://www.expedia.com to see
what turns up. Room rates in Florida are very dependent on when you
intend to travel.

I'll be on Florida from May 27th till June 17th. First week I'll be in Miami
and Key West, second week in Orlando and Jacksonville and last week I plan
to visit west coast - Tampa, Saint Petersburg and Naples.

Start of the summer vacation period. Rates for hotels go up. Its a shame
you couldn't plan your trip for a week or two earlier.
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:40 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"Rog'" wrote:

"BlackHat" wrote:
I'll be on Florida from May 27th till June 17th.
First week I'll be in Miami and Key West,
second week in Orlando and Jacksonville and
last week I plan to visit west coast - Tampa,
Saint Petersburg and Naples.

That is generally the low season in Florida and not too
hot, so its a good time of the year to save money. If
you'd like to upgrade from hostels, the cheaper brand
hotels a Days Inn, Motel 6, Red Roof Inn, Super 8
Motel, Econolodge, and some Best Westerns. These
tend to be 2-3 stories with outside corridor entry, room
AC units and a cable TV. They usually congregate near
interstate exits and older major highways. =R=

Huh? May 27 is a point where a lot of public and private schools let out
and it comes off the Memorial Day weekend. Any area that is popular with
tourists is going to see business begin to pick up, even in Florida, and
especially as you get closer to Orlando where all the theme parks are
located.