Transportation option from London City Airport to Regents Park.

Old August 27th, 2010, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry[_1_]

Default Transportation option from London City Airport to Regents Park.

In message , at
14:43:54 on Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Martin Rich
remarked:
Most transatlantic flights do indeed arrive in the morning, but by no
means all, especially from the East coast of the US to London. I
recently returned from New York and was just about going through
baggage reclaim at Heathrow at 9pm.

I've arrived back from NY at about that time too. Although having
travelled at Mach 2

Currently there's only two JFK-LHR flights that arrive after midday:

VS 46 dep 1.50am arr 1.17pm
AA 142 dep 8.30am arr 8.25pm
BA 178 dep 8.40am arr 8.35pm

compared to 14 that arrive between 6.35am and 11.35am
--
Roland Perry
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
S Viemeister[_2_]

On 8/27/2010 10:48 AM, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
14:43:54 on Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Martin Rich
remarked:
Most transatlantic flights do indeed arrive in the morning, but by no
means all, especially from the East coast of the US to London. I
recently returned from New York and was just about going through
baggage reclaim at Heathrow at 9pm.

I've arrived back from NY at about that time too. Although having
travelled at Mach 2

Currently there's only two JFK-LHR flights that arrive after midday:

VS 46 dep 1.50am arr 1.17pm
AA 142 dep 8.30am arr 8.25pm
BA 178 dep 8.40am arr 8.35pm

compared to 14 that arrive between 6.35am and 11.35am

There's a Continental flight EWR-LHR that arrives around 9 pm. I suppose
it may have been discontinued recently, but it was certainly available
this Spring.
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry[_1_]

In message , at 10:54:48 on Fri, 27 Aug
2010, S Viemeister remarked:
Currently there's only two JFK-LHR flights that arrive after midday:

VS 46 dep 1.50am arr 1.17pm
AA 142 dep 8.30am arr 8.25pm
BA 178 dep 8.40am arr 8.35pm

compared to 14 that arrive between 6.35am and 11.35am

There's a Continental flight EWR-LHR that arrives around 9 pm. I
suppose it may have been discontinued recently, but it was certainly
available this Spring.

As I appear not to be able to count to three, perhaps we should revisit
this...

It seems there are still some "depart 9.00am EWR, arrive 9.20pm LHR"
flights, but I had previously only been looking at JFK flights.
--
Roland Perry
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Mizter T

On Aug 27, 3:48*pm, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at
14:43:54 on Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Martin Rich
remarked:

Most transatlantic flights do indeed arrive in the morning, but by no
means all, especially from the East coast of the US to London. *I
recently returned from New York and was just about going through
baggage reclaim at Heathrow at 9pm.

I've arrived back from NY at about that time too. Although having
travelled at Mach 2

Currently there's only two JFK-LHR flights that arrive after midday:

VS *46 *dep 1.50am arr 1.17pm

^^^ Eh?

AA 142 *dep 8.30am arr 8.25pm
BA 178 *dep 8.40am arr 8.35pm

Old August 27th, 2010, 06:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Mizter T

On Aug 27, 3:54*pm, S Viemeister wrote:

[...]

CO 18 - still exists, scheduled arrival at LHR is 9:15pm.

Also, there's a Virgin Atlantic flight from EWR - VS18 - that's
scheduled to arrive at LHR at 8pm.
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry[_1_]

In message
, at
09:59:50 on Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Mizter T remarked:
Currently there's only two JFK-LHR flights that arrive after midday:

VS *46 *dep 1.50am arr 1.17pm

^^^ Eh?

It seems it was "405 minutes late" yesterday. So maybe not a regular
timing.
--
Roland Perry
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
S Viemeister[_2_]

On 8/27/2010 12:52 PM, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:54:48 on Fri, 27 Aug
2010, S Viemeister remarked:
Currently there's only two JFK-LHR flights that arrive after midday:

VS 46 dep 1.50am arr 1.17pm
AA 142 dep 8.30am arr 8.25pm
BA 178 dep 8.40am arr 8.35pm

compared to 14 that arrive between 6.35am and 11.35am

There's a Continental flight EWR-LHR that arrives around 9 pm. I
suppose it may have been discontinued recently, but it was certainly
available this Spring.

As I appear not to be able to count to three, perhaps we should revisit
this...

I never noticed that...

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Robin

I've arrived back from NY at about that time too. Although having
travelled at Mach 2

jealousy
Who was paying your expenses on that flight?
/jealousy

PS
IIRC there are also not-a red-eye flights from Boston arriving in London
c.21:00 And I paid my own fare :((
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Old August 27th, 2010, 09:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry[_1_]

In message JqUdo.49798$WX5.39034@hurricane, at 20:34:11 on Fri, 27 Aug
2010, Robin remarked:
I've arrived back from NY at about that time too. Although having
travelled at Mach 2

jealousy
Who was paying your expenses on that flight?
/jealousy

It was a tour arranged a well known Concorde-related firm (Goodwood
travel). So much less than a scheduled flight, but I paid for it myself.

PS
IIRC there are also not-a red-eye flights from Boston arriving in London
c.21:00 And I paid my own fare :((

There were two today:

BA238 dep 8.15am arr 7.40pm
AA156 dep 9.10am arr 8.45pm

The problem with all these conventional same-day flights is that you
lose the whole day in USA, but you also aren't forced to try to make do
with very little sleep overnight.

As such, these are not really "red-eye" flights... compared to...

VS12 dep Boston 7.45pm arr Heathrow 7.20am; 6hr 35mins in the air, which
means at best 5hrs sleep in most cabins.

--
Roland Perry
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 10:54:48 on Fri, 27 Aug
2010, S Viemeister remarked:
Currently there's only two JFK-LHR flights that arrive after midday:

VS 46 dep 1.50am arr 1.17pm
AA 142 dep 8.30am arr 8.25pm
BA 178 dep 8.40am arr 8.35pm

compared to 14 that arrive between 6.35am and 11.35am

There's a Continental flight EWR-LHR that arrives around 9 pm. I suppose it
may have been discontinued recently, but it was certainly available this
Spring.

As I appear not to be able to count to three, perhaps we should revisit
this...

It seems there are still some "depart 9.00am EWR, arrive 9.20pm LHR"
flights, but I had previously only been looking at JFK flights.

I think i've been on one of those. I've definitely been on a flight back
from NY that got in in the evening, and it could well have been from
Newark.

tom

--
Crazy week so far, which at one point involved spewing down the inside
of my jeans! -- D