2nd security check?

Old April 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default 2nd security check?

In the past, unless I've wandered out of the transit area on connecting
flights, I haven't had to go through the whole security line again, but
today I had to in Copenhagen on my way to Aberdeen. ???

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_2_]

On 4/29/2011 1:30 PM, Erilar wrote:
In the past, unless I've wandered out of the transit area on connecting
flights, I haven't had to go through the whole security line again, but
today I had to in Copenhagen on my way to Aberdeen. ???

I've had that happen when connecting through Gatwick.
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Joe Makowiec

On 29 Apr 2011 in rec.travel.europe, Erilar wrote:

In the past, unless I've wandered out of the transit area on connecting
flights, I haven't had to go through the whole security line again, but
today I had to in Copenhagen on my way to Aberdeen. ???

I had that happen in Montréal about a year ago. We were travelling FRA
- YUL - LGA. Oddly enough, it didn't happen a week prior taking the
same route in the opposite direction.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On Apr 29, 10:30*am, Erilar wrote:
In the past, unless I've wandered out of the transit area on connecting
flights, I haven't had to go through the whole security line again, but
today I had to in Copenhagen on my way to Aberdeen. * ???

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad

I have seen this for years at FRA, CDG, and AMS. It did not seem to
matter where the previous airport was located. It happened for trans-
Atlantic itineraries in both directions (even coming from LHR which I
would have presumed to have good security). And, at FRA, it also
happened for trips enirely within Europe that did not require changing
terminals (I guess they do not use the same set of gates for incoming
and departing passengers), where they even enforced the no-liquids
rule .
Old April 30th, 2011, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_2_]

On 4/29/2011 6:28 PM, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 13:35:13 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 4/29/2011 1:30 PM, Erilar wrote:
In the past, unless I've wandered out of the transit area on connecting
flights, I haven't had to go through the whole security line again, but
today I had to in Copenhagen on my way to Aberdeen. ???

I've had that happen when connecting through Gatwick.

The business class lounges at Gatwick were outside the security area.

I wasn't travelling business class.
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

"Erilar" wrote in message
In the past, unless I've wandered out of the transit area on connecting
flights, I haven't had to go through the whole security line again, but
today I had to in Copenhagen on my way to Aberdeen. ???

That's because CHP doesn't have separated routes for arriving and departing
passengers. They all get to mix in the same building.

tim

Old April 30th, 2011, 11:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Smith

On 29/04/2011 1:30 PM, Erilar wrote:
In the past, unless I've wandered out of the transit area on connecting
flights, I haven't had to go through the whole security line again, but
today I had to in Copenhagen on my way to Aberdeen. ???

Copenhagen was the only place I had security hassles. I had been
through 5 airports in the previous week and a half and had all my
liquids and gels in a plastic back in my carry one. The security guy at
Copenhagen scolded me for not having taken it out of the bag. Excuse the
hell out of me. I knew that I had to have them all together in a plastic
bag. I didn't know that the bag had to be removed from my carry-on. No
one had said anything at Toronto, Amsterdam, Tallinn or Stockholm.
Old May 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Johannes Kleese

Dave Smith wrote:

The security guy at
Copenhagen scolded me for not having taken it out of the bag. Excuse the
hell out of me. I knew that I had to have them all together in a plastic
bag. I didn't know that the bag had to be removed from my carry-on. No
one had said anything at Toronto, Amsterdam, Tallinn or Stockholm.

Reminds me of some security asshole from United at Frankfurt, Germany, a
few years ago: Got upset like hell and seriously asked me, if I "hadn't
learned anything from 9/11", all because I took a box of German sweets
from a relative to her friend in the US.

It was a connecting flight, my suitcase had been through security at
Hamburg already and I didn't (wasn't able to) touch it since then. Plus
it's a relative of mine, an old lady in the 70's.

And there's this US guy scaring the **** out of me with terrorist
accusations on a German airport. I mean, really: It wasn't the German
airport security that apparently was a joke until 2001 …