Boston Hotel Information

Old January 25th, 2007, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Elias Klein

Default Boston Hotel Information

We're going to sail out of Boston MA this summer on the Maasdam. Is the
Double Tree Hotel anywhere near the embarkation port? By the way,
wher6e is the HA dock located in Boston? Thanks for your help'. E.K.
Old January 25th, 2007, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Neil Gillis

"Elias Klein" wrote in message
We're going to sail out of Boston MA this summer on the Maasdam. Is the
Double Tree Hotel anywhere near the embarkation port? By the way, wher6e
is the HA dock located in Boston? Thanks for your help'. E.K.

I believe the "Black Falcon Terminal" in South Boston would be your
departing location. On "Google Maps" the closest hotel is the "Westin
Boston Waterfront". Also nearby is the "Seaport Hotel." The "Doubletree"
locations are more towards the downtown area of Boston. The distance from
downtown Boston to the Terminal is relatively short. No problem with a
taxis.

Neil

Old January 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Thumper

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:12:36 -0500, "Neil Gillis"
wrote:

"Elias Klein" wrote in message
We're going to sail out of Boston MA this summer on the Maasdam. Is the
Double Tree Hotel anywhere near the embarkation port? By the way, wher6e
is the HA dock located in Boston? Thanks for your help'. E.K.

I believe the "Black Falcon Terminal" in South Boston would be your
departing location. On "Google Maps" the closest hotel is the "Westin
Boston Waterfront". Also nearby is the "Seaport Hotel." The "Doubletree"
locations are more towards the downtown area of Boston. The distance from
downtown Boston to the Terminal is relatively short. No problem with a
taxis.

Neil

Those 2 hotels should run from $275 to $350 a night.
Thumper
Old January 26th, 2007, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

"Elias Klein" wrote in message
We're going to sail out of Boston MA this summer on the Maasdam. Is the
Double Tree Hotel anywhere near the embarkation port? By the way,
wher6e is the HA dock located in Boston? Thanks for your help'. E.K.

Beware those expensive boston hotels. They will drain your wallet in a
hurry.
May I suggest a very nice and clean Motel 6 in Warwick, RI, which you can
get for no more than $60-70 a night?
Only a quick 45 minute cab ride to boston and the cruise ship.
Save your money for the cruise.

JP...expert cruise authority

Old January 26th, 2007, 05:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Jan 26, 10:54 am, "JP" wrote:
Beware those expensive boston hotels. They will drain your wallet in a
hurry.

What does that mean? Are Boston hotels notorious for having hidden fees
that come as a surprise upon checkout? Really, I'm curious, because I'm
planning a long weekend there in March.

May I suggest a very nice and clean Motel 6 in Warwick, RI, which you can
get for no more than $60-70 a night?
Only a quick 45 minute cab ride to boston and the cruise ship.

Yeah...but then you're stuck in Warwick. And, have you figured in the
cost of that 45 minute cab ride? Not such a great savings after all.

Save your money for the cruise.

I try to view my pre-cruise night as part of my vacation. From what I
understand about Boston is that it's pretty compact. I'm used to the
size and scope of NYC, so when I was shopping for a Boston hotel for
March, I had to kind of remind myself that the back bay" area was just
a short (by my standards) walk to the Quncy Market area...the location
of the hotel became less important because they were all
semi-convenient to the places I'd be visiting.

Anyway, my advice for the OP looking for a pre-cruise Boston hotel is
to stay in the part of Boston that you find most appealing. You won't
be far from the port - just a short cab ride, so you might as well
spend your evening and morning pre-cruise in an area that'll give you
easiest access to the sights, sounds and tastes that most interest you
about the city. Think of your night before as a bonus mini Boston
vacation vs. just a night before you board. And, don't be in a rush to
get to the ship on boarding day - spend a little timeshopping Newbury
St., visiting Quincy Market - or doing whatever kinds of things that
would interest you at another port of call.

btw, I think we've decided on the Westin Copley for our long weekend.
Found it for $200/night. Nicely centrally located. If anyone has any
input on this property???

Lee

JP...expert cruise authority

Old January 26th, 2007, 05:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill C

LeeNY wrote:

On Jan 26, 10:54 am, "JP" wrote:
[...]

The hotel has good reviews from the responses on www.tripadvisor.com

Bill

--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website:
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com
Old January 26th, 2007, 05:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

LeeNY wrote:

btw, I think we've decided on the Westin Copley for our long weekend.
Found it for $200/night. Nicely centrally located. If anyone has any
input on this property???

Lee, if you like the Copley/Back Bay area (and why not?) you might want
to book through Priceline. biddingfortravel.com lists the Westin, along
with the Colonnade, Sheraton, Marriott Copley Place and Fairmont Copley
Plaza as the four-star properties available, and I don't think you'd be
unhappy with any of them, especially for probably about half of what
you're willing to pay.

Worth a shot unless you have your heart set on the Westin.

~ Peri
Old January 26th, 2007, 06:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Jan 26, 12:42 pm, Peri wrote:
LeeNY wrote:

btw, I think we've decided on the Westin Copley for our long weekend.
Found it for $200/night. Nicely centrally located. If anyone has any
input on this property???Lee, if you like the Copley/Back Bay area (and why not?) you might want

to book through Priceline. biddingfortravel.com lists the Westin, along
with the Colonnade, Sheraton, Marriott Copley Place and Fairmont Copley
Plaza as the four-star properties available, and I don't think you'd be
unhappy with any of them, especially for probably about half of what
you're willing to pay.

Worth a shot unless you have your heart set on the Westin.

Thanks, Peri. I might just go the Priceline route. Doesn't sound like
I'll do too badly, if I use 4 star back bay as my criteria. The better
the deal I can get on the hotel, the more $$ I'll have left to spend
doing other fun things.

Lee

~ Peri

Old January 26th, 2007, 06:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Jan 26, 12:42 pm, Peri wrote:

Worth a shot unless you have your heart set on the Westin.

Hi Peri,

As a follow-up, I went over to Priceline, and it doesn't look like you
can specify actual city locations (like back bay, for instance) when
bidding. All you can pick is "Boston - The City" which encompasses a
lot more area than I was interested in...I wonder if you can't choose a
more specific locale because it's all so compact? Hmm...makes me a
little more hesitant to bid. I'd hate to be stuck in that new Westin
waterfront convention center and have to take the T into the city...

Lee

~ Peri

Old January 26th, 2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Jan 26, 1:48 pm, "LeeNY" wrote:
On Jan 26, 12:42 pm, Peri wrote:

Worth a shot unless you have your heart set on the Westin.Hi Peri,

As a follow-up, I went over to Priceline, and it doesn't look like you
can specify actual city locations (like back bay, for instance) when
bidding. All you can pick is "Boston - The City" which encompasses a
lot more area than I was interested in.

Scratch that...took it one step further and saw where I could pick
"Copley". Sounds like bidding a 4* Copley would be a sure bet...

Thanks.

Lee