Sri Lankan accomodation gone - need help!

Old December 30th, 2004, 07:33 AM

Default Sri Lankan accomodation gone - need help!

Hi there,
after the devastating events of the Tsunami our holiday accomodation in
Sri Lanka no longer exists. I know - this is TRIFLING compared to the
tragedy suffered by locals - but the reality is we need to find
alternate accomodation in India from 3rd Jan - 13-Jan.
We are looking for 4-5 star boutique accomodation and thought we had
two double rooms booked at Casa Palicio Siolim House in Goa
(www.siolimhouse.com) - but just found out this is not the case.

Our parents are flying from London for this special trip - and now no
accomodation! Can anyone recommend accomodation (4-5 star but *NOT*
large package resorts, up to $150 US per night, two double rooms.)
around Goa or even anywhere in India (that has beaches). The agent
booking systems show everything pretty much full, but I just know there
might be some quality family run or relatively unknown accomodation
that might have rooms free that some may be aware of.

Any help *greatly* appreciated. If the earthquake happened next week we
would have been on the beach in Galle, and so many were not so lucky,
so even though we're in a pickle we understand it's not really a pickle
at all.

thanks.