Question about having a formal jacket steamed on board

Old April 12th, 2010, 07:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia R.

Default Question about having a formal jacket steamed on board

My formal dress came with a beaded, brocade jacket. It was a little
squished in Dillards, but I kind of don't want to get it steamed out
until we're on the ship so it won't just get squished again. We are
driving up to Seattle, but I'm wondering if it's a good idea to wait or
to just have it done here and try to keep it out of harms way. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Marcia
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Marcia R. wrote:
My formal dress came with a beaded, brocade jacket. It was a little
squished in Dillards, but I kind of don't want to get it steamed out
until we're on the ship so it won't just get squished again. We are
driving up to Seattle, but I'm wondering if it's a good idea to wait or
to just have it done here and try to keep it out of harms way. Any
thoughts?

I am sure they can on the ship, but since I haven't had it done, I will
only say probably.

Why not put the dress in your bathroom(at home) when you shower and see
if the steam takes care of the problem. If it works then you know you
will be able to do the same thing on the ship. Another trick is to pack
the dress in a plastic bag from the dry cleaners, that helps prevent
wrinkles.

sue
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia R.

Sue Mullen wrote:

Marcia R. wrote:
My formal dress came with a beaded, brocade jacket. It was a little
squished in Dillards, but I kind of don't want to get it steamed out
until we're on the ship so it won't just get squished again. We are
driving up to Seattle, but I'm wondering if it's a good idea to wait
or to just have it done here and try to keep it out of harms way. Any
thoughts?

I am sure they can on the ship, but since I haven't had it done, I will
only say probably.

Why not put the dress in your bathroom(at home) when you shower and see
if the steam takes care of the problem. If it works then you know you
will be able to do the same thing on the ship. Another trick is to pack
the dress in a plastic bag from the dry cleaners, that helps prevent
wrinkles.

sue

I'll try the shower thing, thanks.