Best/worst Hawaiian islands?

Old March 25th, 2006, 12:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Best/worst Hawaiian islands?

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote:

Caveat wrote:
...horrors of Honoruru.

Now you are showing your true colours!!

That's a local island yoke, egghead :-).

Hmm...."colours" eh? No wonder you think Waikiki is wonderful.
Cold up there, eh? Causes one to be just a tad humour-impaired?

LMAO

Caveat
Old March 25th, 2006, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

I like Maui, Kauai and Big Island over Oahu anyday. People in the
travel business seem to push Oahu, LOL. Oh, I'd like to go to Molokai.
:-)

Old March 25th, 2006, 01:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"trippinkpj" wrote:

I like Maui, Kauai and Big Island over Oahu anyday. People in the
travel business seem to push Oahu, LOL.

The operative word there is "business" :-).

Oh, I'd like to go to Molokai...

Now we have a wise person posting here. Molokai is the antithesis of
Oahu. I first went there 34 years ago with only a backpack and a
desire to explore. Lived in Halawa Valley off the land. No one within
miles. Private beach, stunning scenery, waterfalls -- a real Paradise.

We went back to Molokai last week and not much has changed in the
intervening years. Total population around 7500 -- on the entire
island. Friendly people. We did the day long tour on Kalaupapa (Father
Damien's leper colony), hiked Halawa Valley with a 100% Hawaiian who
now lives there growing taro on his ancestor's land, drove to the
Waikolu Overlook then hiked the Kamakou Preserve in a cloud forest,
toured the highest sea cliffs in the world and saw the "Wall of Tears"
waterfalls there, went out on a boat for whale watching, and spent a
day on the 4-mile long Popohaku Beach (where Waikiki got its sand).

But don't tell anybody about this island. Send them to Waikiki. g

Caveat

Molokai mo bettah.

Old March 25th, 2006, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Caveat wrote:
That's a local island yoke, egghead :-).

I think you're the local island joke. ;-)

--

Seinfeld Lists - NEW URL
http://seinfeld.freehostpro.com/index.html

California Photos
http://tinyurl.com/ann2l

LOST - Sawyer's Nicknames
http://tinyurl.com/gowma
Old March 25th, 2006, 05:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"trippinkpj" wrote in message
oups.com...
I like Maui, Kauai and Big Island over Oahu anyday. People in the
travel business seem to push Oahu, LOL. Oh, I'd like to go to Molokai.
:-)

A lot of people who disparage Oahu have never ventured outside the
Waikiki-downtown-airport corridor. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or

Old March 25th, 2006, 05:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"trippinkpj" wrote in message
oups.com...
I like Maui, Kauai and Big Island over Oahu anyday. People in the
travel business seem to push Oahu, LOL. Oh, I'd like to go to Molokai.
:-)

You are invited to visit my Molokai webpage at:
~ http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vMolokai.html - where you'll find
information about the island, its history, its culture, its mythology, its
geography, its people and its attractions, but, you won't find any pop-ups,
advertising, cookies or things for sale. Bon virtual voyage until you can
have bon voyage! KM

Old March 25th, 2006, 05:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"Caveat" wrote in message
"trippinkpj" wrote:
I like Maui, Kauai and Big Island over Oahu anyday. People in the
travel business seem to push Oahu, LOL.

The operative word there is "business" :-).

Oh, I'd like to go to Molokai...

Now we have a wise person posting here. Molokai is the antithesis of
Oahu. I first went there 34 years ago with only a backpack and a
desire to explore. Lived in Halawa Valley off the land. No one within
miles. Private beach, stunning scenery, waterfalls -- a real Paradise.

We went back to Molokai last week and not much has changed in the
intervening years. Total population around 7500 -- on the entire
island.

Actually the population of Molokai has dipped a little in the last 34 years.
During the last Census, the population was 6,587 and is probably a little
less at this time. KM

Old March 25th, 2006, 10:08 AM
KONS KONS is offline
Member

new American in http://www.travelonline.happyhost.org
Old March 25th, 2006, 07:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Thanks for the info/ links on Molokai, AlohaCyber.
About the Oahu comment that it's more than Waikiki. I do know that, and
have enjoyed visiting Pearl Harbor, Leeward Coast, Windward coast,
Hanauma Bay, Pali lookout, Sealife Park, Polynesian Cultural Center,
North shore beaches (Waimea Walls park), Hale'iwa town and the Dole
plantation. I'm not knocking Oahu: just saying I find the tropical
beauty of the other islands a better vacation experience for me. :-)

Old March 25th, 2006, 08:08 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

I meant Waimea Falls Park, although I'll comment that it's more
commercial now than it was when I first went in 1980.