A East African coastal safari ABOVE THE ARCTIC CIRCLE....

Old October 17th, 2003, 05:01 PM
riot5

Default A East African coastal safari ABOVE THE ARCTIC CIRCLE....

My friend and I are leaving in just a little over a month on an
incredible adventure that probably has never been done this way
before. We leave Atlanta and fly to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania (via
London). Three days later we start up the Machame route on
Kilimanjaro.
After 7/8 days trekking the tallest single standing mountain on our
beautiful planet, we spend the next week safari Serengeti and
Ngorongoru Crater also staying with the Bushman in Lake Eyasi.
Then if that is not enough we take the long bus ride back to Dar Es
where we will spend a night waiting to catch the first hovercraft to
Zanzibar for about a week (and during Xmas).
After Zanzi, we hop aboard our airliner once more and fly back to
London where we are taking advantage of "a layover for upto 30 days".
After 2 days in London we leave and head north to Reykjavik, Iceland
for over a week, staying in an apartment in the town center including
new years eve.
After trekking around Icelands glaciers (and looking for putrified
shark/black death) we again return to London.
The next morning we fly into Stockholm, Sweden and visit a couple of
days. But that is merely for the flight to KIRUNA to stay in the
original ICEHOTEL. After a while in Sweden we go back to London, then
eventually back home.

NOW, i know a lot of you are wondering how to afford this? We DID NOT
go through travel agencies (aside from zara travel for the safari/kili
climb), booked super cheap airfares, etc. and are doing this entire
thing for about $3500 (i worked straight for about 3 months) plus
spending money.

I DO HAVE QUESTIONS:
1. Where the best/affordable ($75us/night) in eastern zanzibar?

2. How about soon cool night life in eastern zanzi?

3. Where to find rotten/putrified shark and drink Black Death in
Iceland, closet to Reykjavik?

USE YOUR HEAD save some money. i stumbled upon www.ryanair.com when
booking all of this madness (in europe) and i swear you almost fly
free. WE need something like this in the U.S. there is also easy jet.

If you have any comments or info please email me at

thanks
Old October 18th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Liz

In message
(riot5) wrote:

USE YOUR HEAD save some money. i stumbled upon
www.ryanair.com when
booking all of this madness (in europe) and i swear you almost fly
free. WE need something like this in the U.S. there is also easy jet.

Well, yes, but they don't (yet!) go to Africa.
They almost exclusively go to out-of-the-way airports.
And pity help you if your connections don't work out.
Even if both planes were Ryanair, you'll get no compensation, no hotel
put-up, and you'll have to pay full fare when they get you onto the next
available flight. No kidding. This is what you 'sign up for'.

I live *very* near an airport serviced by Ryanair, but I and most ppl I know
only use them when a direct flight is possible. I could bore you to tears
with sob stories of ppl whose connections didn't connect.

There has been talk of forcing the budget airlines (there are several) to
compensate people for missed connections/connect them later for free etc as
with most airlines, but that would force them to charge 'normal' prices.

You pays yer money, etc.

Hope it all works out for you.

Liz

--