Construction Begins Saint John Cruise Terminal!

Old March 15th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Construction Begins Saint John Cruise Terminal!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from the Saint John Port Authority and
thought it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news'
postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Construction Begins This Weekend at Pugsley Cruise Terminal
March 12, 2004
Pile driving and drilling will start this weekend at the Pugsley
Cruise Terminal site on Water Street.

“This is the official start of the construction of Pugsley Cruise
Terminal,” enthused Alwyn Soppitt, President & CEO of the Saint John
Port Authority.

The pile driving will be conducted by Dunbar Construction of
Fredericton, who were awarded the contract last week at $656,000. The
work is expected to take approximately six weeks and be conducted six
days a week, twelve hours each day. Mild noise and vibration may be
experienced in the vicinity of the terminal.

“The piles we are driving on the site over the next few weeks will
reinforce the strength of the dock in preparation for the new gangway
system and elevated walkway which are the first parts of construction
of the new terminal,” explained Stephen McCavour, Manager, Technical
Services for the Port Authority.

“Our new gangway system is necessary to disembark passengers from
Voyager of the Seas ,” further explained Soppitt. “The doors on that
vessel are 12.9 metres above the watermark. This is much higher than
doors of cruise ships that have called here in the past.”

Development of a multi-use cruise facility at Pugsley A/B was
announced last June to accommodate a projected 60% increase in
passengers for 2004 and the introduction of Royal Caribbean Cruise
Line’s Voyager of the Seas to the Atlantic region.

The 2004 season will be the Port Authority’s busiest cruise season on
record with 143,000 guests on 59 cruise calls.

The 2004 cruise schedule is available at www.cruisesaintjohn.com.

Old March 15th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Mike Quint

" Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from the Saint John Port Authority and
thought it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news'
postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Thanks Ray:

St. John (s) is a very interesting port. When I see an article about St John
(s) I wonder if it is:

The USVI of St John

The port and capital of Antigua

Port St John in Florida

St John New Brunswick

St John Newfoundland

All of these are ports that support cruising except the one in Florida
doesn't have any cruiseships yet. This article does talk about Fredericton,
which is in N.B. the link also points out that it is N.B.

Mike

Old March 15th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:52:20 -0500, "Mike Quint"
wrote:

Thanks Ray:

St. John (s) is a very interesting port. When I see an article about St John
(s) I wonder if it is:

Hi Mike,

It is Saint John, New Brunswick. Always spell out "Saint" and never
ever add an "s" to John. The locals will string you up. ;+)

Old March 15th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Mike Quint

Ray
Thanks, So see if I got this straight, If Saint is spelled out it is most
likely NB, if it has an 's then it is most likely on the island of Antigua
but could be in Newfoundland. If the word Port precedes it then it isn't a
cruise port but in Florida unless followed by a "s" then it is in South
Africa. Change the p to a f and Fort Saint John is in British Columbia. If
it has no s and no Port then it is most likely the island in the USVI. Any
more?

Old March 15th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:02:06 -0500, "Mike Quint"
wrote:

Thanks, So see if I got this straight, If Saint is spelled out it is most
likely NB, if it has an 's then it is most likely on the island of Antigua
but could be in Newfoundland. If the word Port precedes it then it isn't a
cruise port but in Florida unless followed by a "s" then it is in South
Africa. Change the p to a f and Fort Saint John is in British Columbia. If
it has no s and no Port then it is most likely the island in the USVI. Any
more?

Hi Mike,

Well you confused me but then that does not take much on a Monday (or
any other day). ;+)