OT Release of cell phone numbers

Old August 5th, 2005, 06:04 PM

Default OT Release of cell phone numbers

Subject: Release of cell phone numbers

JUST A REMINDER... 31 days from today, cell phone numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales
calls.

http://www.donotcall.gov/ for the USA
http://www.donotcall.ca/ for Canada

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of
your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS

Old August 5th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Charles

In article . com,
wrote:

JUST A REMINDER... 31 days from today, cell phone numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales
calls.

This is not true-- it is an urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar..._directory.htm

--
Charles
Old August 5th, 2005, 06:54 PM
clint

Hell, I don't mind getting calls....gives me something to due! haha
"Charles" wrote in message
d...

Old August 6th, 2005, 01:16 AM
mrtravel

Charles wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:

JUST A REMINDER... 31 days from today, cell phone numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales
calls.

This is not true-- it is an urban legend.

It seems to be an urban legend that the Do Not Call List stops sales
calls. Yeah, I know the law does exist, but..........
Old August 6th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake mrtravel :

Charles wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:

JUST A REMINDER... 31 days from today, cell phone numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales
calls.

This is not true-- it is an urban legend.

It seems to be an urban legend that the Do Not Call List stops sales
calls. Yeah, I know the law does exist, but..........

I have a "telephone firewall". It doesn't honor caller ID blocking.
So I get phone numbers. And have made claims with the Texas AG's
office. And have collected money. Now if only I could fix junk
faxes.

--
dillon

Linux, it's not just an OS, it's a way
of life.

And a damn fine one, at that.
Old August 6th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Odysseus

In article . com, says...

JUST A REMINDER... 31 days from today, cell phone numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales
calls.

http://www.donotcall.gov/ for the USA
http://www.donotcall.ca/ for Canada

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of
your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS

I think this is a way to collect cell phone numbers for telemarketers.
I'm not falling for it.

Old August 6th, 2005, 11:22 PM
clint

Not a problem with me, I love to chat!
"Odysseus" wrote in message news:riaJe.227982$_o.108493@attbi_s71...
In article . com,
says...

Old August 7th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Clint,

E-mail me your cell-phone number and I'll be happy to call you and we can
discuss HAL's tipping policy.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

.. .

Old August 7th, 2005, 03:16 AM
mrtravel

Odysseus wrote:

In article . com, says...

JUST A REMINDER... 31 days from today, cell phone numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales
calls.

http://www.donotcall.gov/ for the USA
http://www.donotcall.ca/ for Canada

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of
your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS

I think this is a way to collect cell phone numbers for telemarketers.
I'm not falling for it.

Do you think that a domain ending in .gov is a phishing site for
telemarketers? It is a domain owned by the US government.