need recommendation for all-inclusive

Old February 12th, 2006, 08:33 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

Default need recommendation for all-inclusive

Hi,
I am planning a week long vacation in May for my husband and I and
would like recommendations on all-inclusives. I have been looking at
Sandals, but could be pursuaded to try something different. We want
something for adults only. Water sports - snorkeling, kayaking, and
diving are most important to us. Good pools, good food, and clean
rooms also important. Don't care too much about the night life. Any
recommendations?

Old February 13th, 2006, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

Sounds like a pretty good fit for the Columbus Isle (San Salvador Island, Bahamas)
Club Med. If you've heard of (and are wary of) Club Med reputation, they are really
not what you might think, especially this one. Columbus Isle has some of the worlds
best SCUBA diving, great snorkeling, sailing, windsurfing, kayaks, a great beach,
and very good food...
For more info, take a look at some of my trip reports (3 different ones) at my
personal web site: www.hammocktree.org/ms/trips.html

Mike

Old February 13th, 2006, 05:39 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

Take a look at Couples Sans Souci. It recently became part of the
Couples chain. We've been there three times, twice when it was a Super
Clubs Grand Lido resort & once during the three year period that it was
an independent property. We haven't been there since it was sold to
Couples late last year, but the Couples chain seems to have a pretty
good reputation. It's a very beautiful resort, very laid back relaxing
atmosphere. Excellent food, excellent service.

Enjoy!

Old March 6th, 2006, 01:31 PM
sleeprite sleeprite is offline
Member

I would check out Almond Beach Resort, Barbados. Adult only with a great sister site ' Almond Village' very close. Going back for our 4th time.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Kozubal
Take a look at Couples Sans Souci. It recently became part of the
Couples chain. We've been there three times, twice when it was a Super
Clubs Grand Lido resort & once during the three year period that it was
an independent property. We haven't been there since it was sold to
Couples late last year, but the Couples chain seems to have a pretty
good reputation. It's a very beautiful resort, very laid back relaxing
atmosphere. Excellent food, excellent service.

Enjoy!

In article ,

Old March 6th, 2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

We have been to all the Sandals (total 17 times) and would recommend out of
those Dunn's River in Ocho Rios, Sandals Grand Ocho Rios or Whitehouse or
any in St. Lucia. Dunn's River Sandals has recently been renovated, and
SGOR somewhat. Whitehouse is brand new - only a year old and we love it
(very large zero entry pool, great spa, all rooms have ocean view,
pastry/coffee shop, and 7 restaurants)
I would also recommend Couples - whether it be Sans Soui, Swept Away, or
Negril.

--
sleeprite

Old March 7th, 2006, 06:27 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

What is a zero entry pool? This is probably wrong, but I am imagining a
pool that won't let you enter it.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

Old March 8th, 2006, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

A zero entry pool is one that has a gradual sloping entry, instead of steps
(although there are some on the other end). It is quite nice when if you
have a trouble getting into a pool that does have steps. Also you can pull
special lounge chairs in the shallow part to be closest to the water (your
chair is actually in the pool shallow end).

"Brian K" wrote in message
nk.net...
What is a zero entry pool? This is probably wrong, but I am imagining a
pool that won't let you enter it.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

Old March 8th, 2006, 06:03 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

Two words for you: RIU and BONITA ...

I think you should look to RIU Hotels (especially Ocho Rios) and
Pueblo Bonito Hotels in Baja of Mexico (especially Sunset Beach!)
enjoy.www.riuhotels.com and www.pueblobonitohotels.com

Old March 8th, 2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

Thanks. Didn't this used to be called a "kiddie pool entry"?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

On 3/7/06 9:07 PM nospam "tweaked" on too much Starbucks said:
A zero entry pool is one that has a gradual sloping entry, instead of steps
(although there are some on the other end). It is quite nice when if you
have a trouble getting into a pool that does have steps. Also you can pull
special lounge chairs in the shallow part to be closest to the water (your
chair is actually in the pool shallow end).

nk.net...