Myanmar Accomodations

Old January 27th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Robo

Default Myanmar Accomodations

I am planning a trip to Myanmar and wonder if anyone can offer advice on a
couple hotels I'm homing in on.

For Bagan, the Kumudra seems to offer a nice selections of amenities
relative to price. My main concern is that looking on the map, it seems to
be on the outskirts of New Bagan. Has anyone stayed there or have other
suggestions?

For Mandalay, the Mandalay View seems to offer good value. Location is
across the street from the Moustache Brother's theater. Any experience
there?

Thanks
Bob

Old January 28th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Davros

Hi

Just got back from Myanmar.

In Bagan, we stayed at the Golden Express which was half way between Bagan
and Nyaung U. There prices were from $18 upwards. The breakfast was good and
the hotel complex had a pool. The best part of it was, at the back was a
paya which you could climb and watch the sun set and rise. We did do a
sunset at Shwesandaw, but it was to crowded. It was much better to be on
your own. The hotel does rent bikes, horse and carriage and taxis. Highly
recommended

Looking at the map of Mandalay, I personallybelieve that the Mandalay view
is to far out. The majority of the restaurants are in the city. Unless your
budget is far greater than ours, I would stay closer to the city

Seeya

news

Old January 29th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Robo

Hi

Thanks for the info.

Do you have contact information for the Golden Express?

Bob

Davros wrote in message
Hi

Just got back from Myanmar.

In Bagan, we stayed at the Golden Express which was half way between Bagan
and Nyaung U. There prices were from $18 upwards. The breakfast was good

and
the hotel complex had a pool. The best part of it was, at the back was a
paya which you could climb and watch the sun set and rise. We did do a
sunset at Shwesandaw, but it was to crowded. It was much better to be on
your own. The hotel does rent bikes, horse and carriage and taxis. Highly
recommended

Looking at the map of Mandalay, I personallybelieve that the Mandalay view
is to far out. The majority of the restaurants are in the city. Unless

your
budget is far greater than ours, I would stay closer to the city

Seeya

news

Old January 29th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Robo

Oooops. Never mind. I got them through a search engine. Funny--this never
popped up when I searched Hotels-Bagan. Anyway, looks pretty decent and
near my budget.

re Mandalay--the Mandalay View looked like it was in the city. And is a
budget hotel. Are you thinking of the same place --on 66th and near the
Sedona Hotel?

Any alternatives for Mandalay?

Thanks!
Bob

Davros wrote in message
Hi

Just got back from Myanmar.

In Bagan, we stayed at the Golden Express which was half way between Bagan
and Nyaung U. There prices were from $18 upwards. The breakfast was good

and
the hotel complex had a pool. The best part of it was, at the back was a
paya which you could climb and watch the sun set and rise. We did do a
sunset at Shwesandaw, but it was to crowded. It was much better to be on
your own. The hotel does rent bikes, horse and carriage and taxis. Highly
recommended

Looking at the map of Mandalay, I personallybelieve that the Mandalay view
is to far out. The majority of the restaurants are in the city. Unless

your
budget is far greater than ours, I would stay closer to the city

Seeya

news

Old January 29th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Davros

Mate

I will have a look tonight when I get home. I looked last night on my map
and it was on a corner, 2.5 klms away from Mandalay hill and the same
distance back to the main part where all the food and the markets are. We
stayed at the Nylon hotel. Huge room and close to everything. You can walk
to the boats from there or catch a Trishaw

Davros wrote in message
[...]

news