First Annual RTC Troll Awards: Cast Your Vote

Old October 1st, 2003, 02:57 PM
Eileen Garland

Default First Annual RTC Troll Awards: Cast Your Vote

Non-productive, yes, but not mean-spirited. I'm never mean. I was just
feeling silly and hoped to make someone laugh.

BTW, I've always been intrigued by the "cupcaked" - what does it mean,
Karen?

Eileen

CupCaked wrote:
This is a rather mean-spirited and non-productive post, isn't it?

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old October 1st, 2003, 10:11 PM
Eileen Garland

CupCaked wrote:
Take a look at my web site, Eileen, especially this part:
http://www.cupcaked.com/cupcaked/ That about sums it up.

Thank you; very interesting, though it kind of saddened me a bit.

Although I have on occasion used my full, real name when posting,
especially to this particular newsgroup, I'm the only person in this
country with my name. Of course, there's Segboers all over Holland,
Western Canada and (oddly enough) Australia.

Uniqueness is nearly unique.

Anyway, I hope no one gets hurt nor are there are bad feelings because
of your poll.

Heavens to betsy, I sure hope not! But would a troll get a bad feeling
for being given a troll award or NOT being given one?

Eileen

Old October 2nd, 2003, 01:41 AM
LJ

"CupCaked" wrote in message
Eileen Garland wrote:

CupCaked wrote:
Take a look at my web site, Eileen, especially this part:
http://www.cupcaked.com/cupcaked/ That about sums it up.

Thank you; very interesting, though it kind of saddened me a bit.

I'm a realist. Don't let life sadden you. It is what it is ;-)

Karen

My guess is that your occupation has a bit to do with it. My fiance (on a
good day)/boyfriend was in law enforcement. He tends to have a cupcaked (new
word ofr me!) attitude too! In fact, I have often told him that he lives his
life looking through the proverbial window, rather than going inside. It is
a tough go sometimes with him. He's a builder now, but his law enforcement
days marked him (or maybe he was marked already!!)

Just an aside, I got kicked out of dance class, too. Only, I was 7.

Old October 2nd, 2003, 03:04 AM
LJ

"CupCaked" wrote in message
"LJ" wrote:

My guess is that your occupation has a bit to do with it. My fiance (on a
good day)/boyfriend was in law enforcement. He tends to have a cupcaked

(new
word ofr me!) attitude too! In fact, I have often told him that he lives

his
life looking through the proverbial window, rather than going inside. It

is
a tough go sometimes with him. He's a builder now, but his law

enforcement
days marked him (or maybe he was marked already!!)

You're exactly right about that, LJ. I see it in my DH, too, who
spent over twenty five years in law enforcement. There are things us
folks see and hear that you simply just wouldn't believe. I don't
think my mother sent me to college to experience some of the human
ugliness I saw in my job. There were times I never watched TV at all,
since there was nothing that could beat the reality of my everyday
life "at the office." I should write a book ;-) There were always
people over the years (and even in this newsgroup) who would ask "why
do you do it?" to which I would say "would YOU want to do it,
instead?" Someone has to.

But the thing is, I could never say I was bored or my job wasn't
interesting. I bet your fiance/boyfriend would agree with that.

Just an aside, I got kicked out of dance class, too. Only, I was 7.

Wanna know a secret? I still can't dance ;-)

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Oh yeah....he has some stories. He was a state trooper...just the other
night we were coming home and he said about the car in front of us, "That
guy's drunk." I couldn't tell, he seemed to be driving fine to me, but he
told me what to watch for and sure enough, he was right!

Sometimes, I like to hear his stories, sometimes it can get pretty gruesome.
After spending 10+ years with him (we don't live together--his moods are one
of the reasons!), I think I've heard them all, but then he'll top the last
one. He just seems to compartmentalize the facets of his life.

Old October 2nd, 2003, 03:08 AM
Eileen Garland

Hey, me too. Well, not exactly kicked out, but they kept accusing me of
not practicing just because my knees made a loud cracking sound every
time I bent them.

And I practiced every day, I really did.

Eileen

Old October 2nd, 2003, 07:02 PM
Queen of Cruising

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:11:34 -0400, Eileen Garland
wrote:

Uniqueness is nearly unique.

I concur and disagree at the same time.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 07:03 PM
Queen of Cruising

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 22:08:47 -0400, Eileen Garland
wrote:

Hey, me too. Well, not exactly kicked out, but they kept accusing me of
not practicing just because my knees made a loud cracking sound every
time I bent them.

Oz is still looking for a perfect Tim Man.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 07:04 PM
Queen of Cruising

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 02:12:59 GMT, (CupCaked)
wrote:

I see a trend developing in this NG. Dancing school drop-outs love to
cruise ;-)

Having seen so many cruisers "dancing" on cruises, I agree to concur.