Crown Princess Cruise Review (long)

Old May 29th, 2010, 08:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia R.

Default Crown Princess Cruise Review (long)

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Marcia R.
wrote:

Well, I guess I'll find out for myself if we get back from Victoria in
time for dinner. It seems kind of strange that they are in port for the
last night, anyway.

I don't know what a precession is but they were not doing the Baked
Alaska parade in the dining room because everyone is having dinner at
different times. Many would be having their entree while other were
ready for desert. They did not have the parade on Crown Princess while
I was in the anytime dining room last summer. They may have served
Baked Alaska, it blends together after so many cruises, but if they did
no parade. Honestly the Baked Alaska parade is something I could do
without. Ditto the Baked Alaska.

--
Charles

Gee, Charles, you don't know what a "precession" is ??? vbg
I have never seen them doing it in the anytime dining room as it is done
during dessert time...when everyone is having it served at the same time in
the traditional dining room.

--Jean

So, with anytime dining on the Sapphire Princess, are we not in the same
dining room as the fixed dining people? Now I'm really confused. And
if we are, there is a chance we can be there when they do the parade, right?

Marcia
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia R.

John Sisker wrote:
"Marcia R." wrote in message
So, with anytime dining on the Sapphire Princess, are we not in the
same dining room as the fixed dining people? Now I'm really
confused. And if we are, there is a chance we can be there when they
do the parade, right?

Marcia

Onboard the Sapphire Princess, we choose 'Anytime Dining' over the
traditional dining experience. For 'Anytime Dining' we had 4 choices of
the Pacific Moon, Santa Fe, Savoy and Vivaldi Dining Rooms. Traditional
dining offered the International Dining Room, which we did have the
opportunity to experience a number of time as well, mostly for breakfast
and lunch if we so choose.

You might want to read my review of the Sapphire Princess, posted on
12/27/2009 at 3:19 PM. Yet surprisingly, there was a Baked Alaska Parade
onboard the Star Princess during our last cruise, and yes, it was in the
anytime dining room.

John Sisker

I'll go back and read it again. I guess I didn't realize the 4 dining
rooms were only for anytime dining. Thanks.

Marcia
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 5/29/10 3:39 PM, Marcia R. wrote:

So, with anytime dining on the Sapphire Princess, are we not in the same
dining room as the fixed dining people? Now I'm really confused. And if
we are, there is a chance we can be there when they do the parade, right?

Marcia

On the big Princess ships designed on the Grand Princess hull (Star,
Golden, Crown... etc.), there are 3 main dining rooms. They are single
story, enclosed areas that operate as separate entities, unlike the
large, open, 3 story dining rooms on some ships.

Based on passenger feedback on the surveys, they found that 33% of
people indicate they want fixed dining. 33% want anytime. And 33%
indicate no preference.

Based on that, 1 dining room is fixed. And 2 dining rooms are anytime
(which, if you make a reservation for the whole week at the same table,
can give you fixed dining - so they can work both ways).

Unless they wait until the end of the night to do a parade, it makes
little sense to do a parade in the anytime dining rooms, since some
people will just be coming in, while others are already leaving. There
is no set time for dessert.

--Tom
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 5/29/10 4:32 PM, Marcia R. wrote:
John Sisker wrote:
"Marcia R." wrote in message
[...]

It's really just 2 restaurants where they split each in half and give
each a separate name.

--Tom