How much a Bigmac meal in Bangkok?

Old March 16th, 2006, 10:07 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default How much a Bigmac meal in Bangkok?

Chris Blunt wrote:

You are a Finn, not a Thai. What he was saying is that for the Thai it
is important to show respect to Buddhism etc.

What if you're a Thai Christian?

It wasn't my statement, I was clarifying what oneofcold was
saying to Markku.

Old March 16th, 2006, 12:53 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Markku Grönroos wrote:
kirjoitti
legroups.com...

They do have a concept of respect and manners, it is just different
than the Western concept. It is very important to show respect for
Buddha statues, the Buddhist religion in general, and the Thai King.

Actually all what is required is not to show disrespect. For instance I
don't respect Buddhism.

Given your racist history of posting I'm not surprised.

What did Buddhism do that causes you to have that kind of attitude? I'm
not a Buddhist and I don't believe in the religion but I respect
Buddhism and I respect Buddhists.

I guess that's yet another different between you and me.

Care to share with us some of your racist epithets against Buddhists or
Thais like you did with Jews a while back?

Old March 16th, 2006, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Chris Blunt wrote:
On 15 Mar 2006 22:29:21 GMT, Tamim wrote:

"Markku Grönroos" wrote:

kirjoitti
legroups.com...

They do have a concept of respect and manners, it is just different
than the Western concept. It is very important to show respect for
Buddha statues, the Buddhist religion in general, and the Thai King.

Actually all what is required is not to show disrespect. For instance I
don't respect Buddhism.

You are a Finn, not a Thai. What he was saying is that for the Thai it
is important to show respect to Buddhism etc.

What if you're a Thai Christian?

What would being a Christian have to do with it? Just because you're
Christian doesn't mean you can't show respect for other religions.

Note he didn't say that you had to "believe in" Buddhism. Just show
respect. First of all that's just common courtesy and decency. Second,
the wrong action (failing to show respect can be interpreted as showing
disrespect) can get you in trouble in Thailand. Which was the point of
the post, it seems.

Old March 16th, 2006, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

"Tchiowa" kirjoitti
legroups.com...

Markku Grönroos wrote:
kirjoitti
legroups.com...

They do have a concept of respect and manners, it is just different
than the Western concept. It is very important to show respect for
Buddha statues, the Buddhist religion in general, and the Thai King.

Actually all what is required is not to show disrespect. For instance I
don't respect Buddhism.

Given your racist history of posting I'm not surprised.

I suppose few things penetrate idiot's hazy mind so that it surprises.

What did Buddhism do that causes you to have that kind of attitude? I'm
not a Buddhist and I don't believe in the religion but I respect
Buddhism and I respect Buddhists.

In general I consider those who believe in gods as barmies. I don't
discriminate.

I guess that's yet another different between you and me.

We share nothing in common.

Care to share with us some of your racist epithets against Buddhists or
Thais like you did with Jews a while back?

I say little about yids anywhere. Those jungle bunnies are so alien to me.
They live in more temperate countries. I know Americans are oddly willing to
lick those brown bits in hebrew arses. I have never understood why but it is
none of my business on the other hand.

Communists are right when they fiercly oppose anything religious. It just
rots one's brain.

Old March 16th, 2006, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

"Markku Grönroos" wrote:

kirjoitti
legroups.com...

They do have a concept of respect and manners, it is just different
than the Western concept. It is very important to show respect for
Buddha statues, the Buddhist religion in general, and the Thai King.

Actually all what is required is not to show disrespect. For instance I
don't respect Buddhism.

You are a Finn, not a Thai. What he was saying is that for the Thai it
is important to show respect to Buddhism etc.

What if you're a Thai Christian?

What would being a Christian have to do with it? Just because you're
Christian doesn't mean you can't show respect for other religions.

It shouldn't have anything to do with it. I was curious why it made a
difference that he was a Finn, not a Thai. I thought he might be
assuming that a Finn would be a Christian, whereas a Thai would be
Buddhist.

Note he didn't say that you had to "believe in" Buddhism. Just show
respect. First of all that's just common courtesy and decency. Second,
the wrong action (failing to show respect can be interpreted as showing
disrespect) can get you in trouble in Thailand. Which was the point of
the post, it seems.

Absolutely. If everyone showed respect and tolerance for other
people's religions what a very different world we would be living in.

Chris
Old March 16th, 2006, 05:51 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Had a macdonalds in Bombay, they don't have burgers in india as they worship
the buggers, the cows that is not the burgers
"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

"Tchiowa" kirjoitti
legroups.com...