Port Canaveral rental car facilities

Old January 19th, 2010, 12:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
ron felder

Default Port Canaveral rental car facilities

Planning on sailing on the Freedom of the Seas next December. Planning on
visiting relatives before we sail. They live in West Palm. We plan on being
with them for a few days and then drive up to the Orlando area and do a few
days at Universal. Finally on Sunday the 12th of December head to Port
Canaveral and board the Freedom of the Seas.

My question am I able to drop off my rental car at the port saving me time
from traveling from either the airport or some other place to the pier after
dropping off the car. If I am able to drop the rental off at the pier which
rental agencies are located at the pier for this service? Any rental company
preference should there be more than one company located there?

Secondly where do you think would be a good location to stay while in
central Florida? Near Port Canaveral or near Universal? Also along those
lines which hotel would you recommend after deciding which location to stay
in?

Ron

Old January 19th, 2010, 07:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"ron felder" wrote in message
[...]

From the Universal area of Orlando the drive time to the port is about 1
hour and 15 minutes or so depending on traffic. South on I-4 to the Bee
Line Expressway (Fl 528) and it is a straight shot to the port area. If
doing Universal only I would stay in a hotel near the attraction as traffic
in and around that area can be horrendous at times, especially on I-4.

Not knowing how much you want to pay for a hotel room or if you have enough
loyalty points for any particular hotel chain it is hard to tell you what
hotel to stay at. If you are doing Universal Studios exclusively, you can
stay at the properties associated with them. See:
http://www.universalorlando.com/Hote...d_offers.aspx#
for information on their properties. I especially like the "free" line-pass
system if staying at their hotels.

There are plenty of hotels in the Orlando/Kissimmee area, as well as West
and North of Universal area that have good rates.

As for car rental drop-off Avis, Hertz, and Budget all have rental offices
close to the pier. There are free shuttles at the pier for pick-up, and
passengers can drop the car off at the nearby rental office and the rental
companies have free shuttles to the pier. There may be an associated cost
for the one-way drop-off rental so check before just dropping the car off.

Hope this answers most of your questions. Let us know if we can help more.