First time travel - Thailand

Old January 30th, 2007, 10:54 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default First time travel - Thailand

I am going to Thailand for 2 weeks on March 11th, this is my first
time there.
Any helpful hints on places to go/eat/see/experience or places NOT to
go would be most helpful to me,
All helpful replies welcomed,
Thanks, John

Old January 30th, 2007, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Jan 30, 5:54 am, wrote:
I am going to Thailand for 2 weeks on March 11th, this is my first
time there.
Any helpful hints on places to go/eat/see/experience

Bangkok, Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai, Ayuthaya or Sukhothai if you're
interested, and a beach - which one depends on whether you want to
party, dive or relax somewhere quiet.

or places NOT to go

Pattaya and Phuket

Old January 30th, 2007, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Mr. Free Notes

Photos of some hotels in Thailand are available from:

http://www.snaptheroom.com/

Sincerely,
Mr. Free Notes

oups.com...

Old January 30th, 2007, 06:39 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

kirjoitti
glegroups.com...
On Jan 30, 5:54 am, wrote:
I am going to Thailand for 2 weeks on March 11th, this is my first
time there.
Any helpful hints on places to go/eat/see/experience

Bangkok, Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai, Ayuthaya or Sukhothai if you're
interested, and a beach - which one depends on whether you want to
party, dive or relax somewhere quiet.

or places NOT to go

Pattaya and Phuket

I strongly disagree. Phuket is a nice place.

Old January 30th, 2007, 07:13 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon

In article , Markku
Grönroos says...

or places NOT to go

Pattaya and Phuket

I strongly disagree. Phuket is a nice place.

The main beaches there are like Mallorca. It all boils down on what your
interests are. By the way, the sea water on those beaches is not good.
--

Alfred Molon
Old January 30th, 2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
.com...
In article , Markku
Grönroos says...

or places NOT to go

Pattaya and Phuket

I strongly disagree. Phuket is a nice place.

The main beaches there are like Mallorca. It all boils down on what your
interests are. By the way, the sea water on those beaches is not good.

I cannot make any comparisons to the beaches of Mallorca. Never been there.
For instance I was at Kata in summer 2005 for a couple of days. It was a
very nice beach. I couldn't see anything wrong with water. Naturally, I
don't carry a kit of "measure the content of water". Not that I mind about
beaches very much myself.

Old January 30th, 2007, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Peter Loumann

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:13:05 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:

I strongly disagree. Phuket is a nice place.

The main beaches there are like Mallorca.

I often hear people sticking to the main beaches, if not the hotel pools,
complaining it's like Mallorca. Quite hard for me to understand.

--
hilsen pl (peloda hos tiscali her i landet)
http://pedalo.dk/thailand/
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:52 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Tchiowa

On Jan 30, 5:54 pm, wrote:
I am going to Thailand for 2 weeks on March 11th, this is my first
time there.
Any helpful hints on places to go/eat/see/experience or places NOT to
go would be most helpful to me,
All helpful replies welcomed,
Thanks, John

It would be helpful it you gave us a hint what your personal interests
are. Why are you going there? Culture, beaches, diving, drinking,
darts on a map?

Old January 31st, 2007, 08:54 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Jan 30, 2:54 am, wrote:
I am going to Thailand for 2 weeks on March 11th, this is my first
time there.
Any helpful hints on places to go/eat/see/experience or places NOT to
go would be most helpful to me,
All helpful replies welcomed,
Thanks, John

Bangkok is only interesting in the Banglamphu area. This area has Khao
San Road, which everyone should see once their life. It has all the
grand historic buildings around Wat Pra Keow and the emerald buddha.
It has an antique and buddha image market near the river. The National
Museum is there , which is quite good.

Chiang Mai is rather boring except for the fact that it has some good
western style restaurants, if you want that in thailand.

Chiang Rai (also in the north) is also boring, except for a funny
little hotel called the Rose Hotel, which is good for laughs. The
thai food at the street stalls is good because it comes straight from
the farms.

You might like a little town called Lampang south of chaing mai. It
has charming little hotels along a river and some of the best thai
sweets are sold there.

You might like Mae Sai, on the northernmost border with Burma. There
is a huge jade market there. Shop after shop selling all kinds of
jade, some raw uncut pieces from burma, and some cut at all levels of
sophistication. Some very well made Chinese jade pendants. If you go
there, you should eat breakfast at the big luxury hotel, the wang
thong I think.

sarp