Cruise fire in Norway forces evacuation of 607

Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Cruise fire in Norway forces evacuation of 607

Some real news for those who want it......

Machine room fire on MS Deutschland .

http://bit.ly/dBaCjm

--
Charles
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On May 23, 5:23*pm, Charles wrote:

Some real news for those who want it......
Machine room fire on MS Deutschland .
http://bit.ly/dBaCjm Charles

Beware literal translations
That's the engine room.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 10:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

wrote:

Beware literal translations
That's the engine room.

I posted what they said in the news article. I am sure there will be
more information forthcoming.

--
Charles
Old May 23rd, 2010, 10:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On May 23, Charles wrote:
wrote:
Beware literal translations
That's the engine room.

I posted what they said in the news article. I am sure there will be
more information forthcoming.

Absolutely, that's what the paper said.
However on the "Switzerland" in the Baltic in about 2001,
when the English speaking guide was not very helpful,
and the German guide and the Dutch guide were both
going on about the "Maschinenkammer" and the equivalent,
saying that tours to see it were impossible, then the
penny finally dropped about to what they were referring.

Newspaper subeditors should engage brain before publishing IMHO