FEC / USD in Burma (Myanmar)?

Old November 27th, 2003, 07:59 PM
JE

Default FEC / USD in Burma (Myanmar)?

Since august 2002 buying FEC is not needed anymore

"Bernd" schreef in bericht
om...
Hi,

as we are leaving for Burma in two weeks what are the latest news
about foreign currency in Burma?

* do you have to buy 200FEC?
* what about the euro?

generally asked, what is the best option regarding money changing in
Burma?

thx
Bernd

Old April 2nd, 2004, 05:33 PM
myinfo

No more changing into FEC's. Guaranteed!

Old April 9th, 2004, 02:24 AM
Nor Aazizam Mohd Aasif

"myinfo" wrote in message

No more changing into FEC's. Guaranteed!

FEC is no longer required in Myanmar. To get better value for your money,
convert your US Dollars on the street where 1USD would fetch 800-1000Kyat.
If you do it at the hotel, you would only get half that amount.

Old April 10th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Dieter Aaaa

"Thomas F. Unke" schreef in bericht
"Nor Aazizam Mohd Aasif" writes:

FEC is no longer required in Myanmar. To get better value for your

money,
convert your US Dollars on the street where 1USD would fetch

800-1000Kyat.
If you do it at the hotel, you would only get half that amount.

Depends on the hotel. I got the street rate in my GH.

When was that ?
I got 900 Kyat for a dollar on the street last October.

Old April 11th, 2004, 11:09 AM
myinfo

Originally posted by Dieter Aaaa
"Thomas F. Unke"

schreef in bericht
-

"Nor Aazizam

Mohd Aasif" writes:
FEC is no longer

required in Myanmar. To get better value for your
money,

convert your US Dollars on the street where 1USD would fetch

800-1000Kyat.
If you do it at the hotel, you would only get

half that amount.
Depends on the hotel. I got the street

rate in my GH.

When was that ?
I got 900 Kyat for a

dollar on the street last October.
Right now in Rangoon, 1$ is
835 Ks.

Some Brits are operating Whitewater rafting upnorth of Burma
(Putao) Region. It is very interesting and they are launching this at
coming PATA travel show.