Best deal Cincinnati to/from Mazatlan, MX

Old January 6th, 2005, 11:48 PM

Default Best deal Cincinnati to/from Mazatlan, MX

I am trying to find the cheapest way to get 4 of us round trim,
Cincinnati to/from Mazatlan, MX in May. Most of the majors seem to be in
the $650+ range, Frontier out of Indianapolis is about $480. Any
suggestions for a better deal? Is Priceline worth while? So far, every
time I've tried Priceline, I've ended up with a ticket thru Travelocity for
less than Priceline's recommended price...
Thanks -
Brian

Old January 7th, 2005, 03:42 AM
dick locke

I'm living in Mazatlan and all I can say is don't get hung up over a
few $ and go there. It's really a great place. It's a real Mexican city
with a thin overlay of tourism plus a workable and even pleasant public
transport system, plus a restored colonial/19th century downtown. How
many other North American cities or .5million have an opera and ballet
company?

Specifically to your question, I assume you have checked
itasoftware.com and also Southwest to Houston and then Houston to
Mazatlan flights?.

Old January 7th, 2005, 03:54 PM

Thanks for the info. We have been to Mazatlan once before, though several
years ago. I did look at SW to Houston, the connecting to MZT, but that was
higher than the Frontier route thru Denver (~$480). I wasn't familiar with
itasoftware.com - thanks for the tip.
Brian

oups.com...

Old January 7th, 2005, 11:19 PM
dick locke

B wrote:
Thanks for the info. We have been to Mazatlan once before, though

several
years ago. I did look at SW to Houston, the connecting to MZT, but

that was
higher than the Frontier route thru Denver (~$480). I wasn't

familiar with
itasoftware.com - thanks for the tip.
Brian

There's also an airport in Culiacan that sometimes has cheap flights to
Phoenix. It's about two hours on the bus from Mazatlan. You can use
ita's "any airport within xxx miles" to find fares.