Etihad airline

Old April 2nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
Jan

Who Goes There wrote:
Jan wrote:
snipped

Thanks

Do they serve alcohol? Did you have individual screens for in
flight films etc ?

Jan

Yes they server alcohol but the wine is like vinegar so avoid and
pour your own beer unless you enjoy a half-glass of froth!!

Each seat on the Gatwick - Abu Dhabi flight had a screen with a few
channels of film or audio to choose from but on Abu Dhabi - Bangkok
they didn't and if you wanted to view the film you had to watch it
on the screens above the centre aisle.

Blankets and eye masks were handed out as well as headphones

hth

Thanks . Looks like Emirates is still best in cattle class :-)

Jan

What are the Emirates prices like? I paid £460 for return flights with
Etihad in March and they're £560 in August which is when I'm going
back to Thailand. So far £560 is the cheapest I've found using
websites but as I'm not bothered about leg room or food/drink too
much I'll fly with anyone cheaper :-)

thanks

12- 26 August £529 inc taxes with Emirates through Airline Network . If
you phone them you should be able to have a stopover in Dubai for the same
fare ( you can book your own hotel independently).
Jan

Old April 2nd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Philip Allum

In message , Jan
writes
Who Goes There wrote:
Jan wrote:
[...]

£348 through Travelbag, probably with Thai Airways.
--
Philip Allum

Old April 2nd, 2005, 07:01 PM
Who Goes There

Philip Allum wrote:
In message , Jan
writes

Who Goes There wrote:

Jan wrote:

[...]

Wow! Is that price after phoning Travelbag? I just used their website
and the best price for 5th August - 19th August is now £549 with gulf Air

thanks

Old April 2nd, 2005, 08:16 PM
Jan

Who Goes There wrote:
Philip Allum wrote:
In message , Jan
writes

Who Goes There wrote:

Jan wrote:

[...]

Philip what dates did you enter to get £348? Airline Network have Thai
Airways in the £700's for 9-15th August.

Deckchair have Royal Jordanian for £501.20 including tax. and Expedia the
same for £517.20

Jan

Old April 2nd, 2005, 08:16 PM
Jan

Who Goes There wrote:
Philip Allum wrote:
In message , Jan
writes

Old April 3rd, 2005, 07:27 AM
Philip Allum

In message , Jan
writes
Who Goes There wrote:
Philip Allum wrote:
In message , Jan
writes

Who Goes There wrote:

Jan wrote:

[...]

Most of them had deals of around that price up to the end of June in
yesterday's papers and I can't believe that you wont get a similar deal
for August, considering that the Andaman coast will be out of season.

Expedia are very expensive. Ebookers and Bridge the World have merged
and, in my experience, since the merger offer lousy service.

Best of the bunch by far is Trailfinders - no spurious charges, credit
card supplements, etc. We have friends who swear by West East (or East
West) but we haven't yet tried them.

--
Philip
Old April 3rd, 2005, 07:27 AM