Etihad airline

Old April 7th, 2005, 07:44 AM
RAK

"Philip Allum" wrote in message
In message , Jan
writes
Who Goes There wrote:
Jan wrote:
snipped

Thanks

Do they serve alcohol? Did you have individual screens for in
flight films etc ?

Jan

Yes they server alcohol but the wine is like vinegar so avoid and
pour your own beer unless you enjoy a half-glass of froth!!

Each seat on the Gatwick - Abu Dhabi flight had a screen with a few
channels of film or audio to choose from but on Abu Dhabi - Bangkok
they didn't and if you wanted to view the film you had to watch it
on the screens above the centre aisle.

Blankets and eye masks were handed out as well as headphones

hth

Thanks . Looks like Emirates is still best in cattle class :-)

Jan

What are the Emirates prices like? I paid £460 for return flights with
Etihad in March and they're £560 in August which is when I'm going
back to Thailand. So far £560 is the cheapest I've found using
websites but as I'm not bothered about leg room or food/drink too
much I'll fly with anyone cheaper :-)

thanks

12- 26 August £529 inc taxes with Emirates through Airline Network . If
you phone them you should be able to have a stopover in Dubai for the same
fare ( you can book your own hotel independently).
Jan

£348 through Travelbag, probably with Thai Airways.
--

Singapore airlines is offering £370 PLUS taxes for flights 1st April - 15th
June.

Old April 7th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Who Goes There

Who Goes There wrote:

Jan wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I ended up booking with Etihad again and from LGW-BKK 5th-19th
August I got it for £498. The price is going up each day and it's now at
£509.

Singapore airlines (from Heathrow) have just quoted me £771 for August.

Old April 7th, 2005, 05:13 PM
RAK

"Who Goes There" wgt@home wrote in message
RAK wrote:
"Philip Allum" wrote in message

cut

Thanks. I ended up booking with Etihad again and from LGW-BKK 5th-19th
August I got it for £498. The price is going up each day and it's now at
£509.

Singapore airlines (from Heathrow) have just quoted me £771 for August.

I was surprised at this price, but checked online and got the same.
Maybe I should not be surprised though - I tried last week to change an SQ
Sin-London booking in April and all flights were full (3x747s a day) for
about 6 days either side of the date I wanted, in economy and business
class. No wonder they make good profits.

Old April 9th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Miguel Cruz

RAK wrote:
I was surprised at this price, but checked online and got the same.
Maybe I should not be surprised though - I tried last week to change an SQ
Sin-London booking in April and all flights were full (3x747s a day) for
about 6 days either side of the date I wanted, in economy and business
class. No wonder they make good profits.

Having just taken another SQ long-haul a few days ago I'm starting to find
that their reputation and popularity is a liability. The planes are always
so full that there's very little chance of having an empty seat next to me,
something I can usually swing on most flights with other airlines on the
same routes.

miguel
Latest photos: Jordan, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Israel