KL and Singapore

Old July 24th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Ka Khiong Kwok

You've probably got more then enough info, but just in case any one's left
this bit out.
You can take a bus across to the border.

I think that's about as cheap and nasty as you can get (except for walking
there).

Otherwise, try something like Jetstar Asia I guess.

Ka.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would be travelling between KL and Singapore end of october and was
trying to find the cheapest and the best way to get there. I found MAS
has a flight from KL to Changi for 200US$ and to Johor Bahru for 95US$.

Is it advicable to take the flight from KL to Johor Bahru and then use
some other transportation to reach Singapore or fly directly to Changi.

If flying to Johor Bahru is ok, then what kind of transportation are
available to get into Singapore quickly.

Thanks

Old July 24th, 2005, 02:59 PM
mn

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
In article , mn wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
I don't believe that either one serves the airport. You may have to get

local bus or taxi to Seremban in order to catch a long-distance bus to
Singapore.

not advisable. pls see my earlier posting. also see:
http://www.journeymalaysia.com/ptasingapore.htm

Your advice is to spend an extra two hours going into KL and then back

down
past the airport again?

Not really, going to the Nice bus terminal (KL old train station) from KLIA
should take less than 1 hour. Anyway, better than getting fleeced by a cab
driver to Seremban (or a slow erratic bus service), and with no guarantee of
a Seremban-Singapore express bus (Seremban to Johor Bahru, yes, but then
crossing the straits is another story). Btw, I think the original poster is
confused himself - insisting on a road trip from KL-SG when flying directly
to SG makes more sense. I think we are wasting our time on him. :-)

..mn

Old July 24th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Miguel Cruz

mn wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
Your advice is to spend an extra two hours going into KL and then back
down past the airport again?

Not really, going to the Nice bus terminal (KL old train station) from KLIA
should take less than 1 hour. Anyway, better than getting fleeced by a cab
driver to Seremban (or a slow erratic bus service), and with no guarantee of
a Seremban-Singapore express bus (Seremban to Johor Bahru, yes, but then
crossing the straits is another story).

Ah, I always take the bus to JB and then switch to the local bus because
it's faster at the border (as a 3rd-country passport holder I can jump the
queue by using the foreigner booths and get on the bus ahead of the one I
arrived with).

Btw, I think the original poster is confused himself - insisting on a road
trip from KL-SG when flying directly to SG makes more sense. I think we
are wasting our time on him. :-)

I think you could be right here.

miguel
Old July 25th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Ka Khiong Kwok

Dunno. Was that me?
Anyway, if it was - it was just a thought.
Don't know how much time they had. If they got a bit, they can dwaddle a
bit.

Me? Flying's better - especially considering that it's not like Oz when
you're getting fleeced blind.

Ka.

Old July 25th, 2005, 06:47 PM

I agree that flying might be cheaper if I was going alone. We are a
group of 3 people and I was thinking that taking a cab and sharing it
between 3 will workout cheaper, wouldn't you agree?

Old July 29th, 2005, 08:53 AM
mn

you can try flying into bangkok and catching the train to singapore. could
be cheaper still. :-)

+++

ups.com...