Boston some information please

Old September 5th, 2004, 05:38 PM
nikita

Default Boston some information please

Hi everybody,
We ( my husband and I) are going to Boston during the months of
October and November.
We don't know much about local restaurants, shops, musea.
Anyone has any good advise where to pick up our groceries ( we will be
staying in Charlestown).
What about a market where you can buy fresh food and vegetables?
Last but not least a good and affordable sea food restaurant?

Thank you so much for your help

Fam. Pavlova
Old September 6th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Kid E. Poole

edweena wrote:

nikita wrote:

Hi everybody,
We ( my husband and I) are going to Boston during the months of
October and November.
We don't know much about local restaurants, shops, musea.

Called "museums" in English. Museum of Fine Arts (large fine
arts museum). Gardner Museum (small idosyncratic museum). Museum
of Science (mediocre science museum; for children). Well out in
the suburbs, but highly recommended: Peabody Essex Museum (in
Salem).

Anyone has any good advise where to pick up our groceries ( we will
be
staying in Charlestown).
What about a market where you can buy fresh food and vegetables?

Haymarket.

Last but not least a good and affordable sea food restaurant?

No Name. Good prices.
Legal Seafoods. Moderate prices.

Thank you so much for your help

Fam. Pavlova

Make sure you go to Quincy Market at Fanueil Hall.

And note the correct pronunciation: "Quinzy" -- the
pronunciation of the name of a family prominent in
the area in the 18th century. This is also the correct
pronunciation of the city south of Boston and the
middle name of the sixth US president. Other Quincys,
such as the town on the Missisipi and the first name
of the composer/producer, do not use this unusual
pronunciation.

And "Faneuil" is correctly pronounced to rhyme with
"flannel."

It is a great place
to spend the day. There is outdoor entertainment, tons of all types of
food to eat, lots of shopping and all kinds of outdoor vendors and
things to do. We love going there. You should also try to go to The
New England Aquarium while you are there.

A very run-down aquatic zoo that is rather sad to visit.

Legal Seafoods is right
around the corner from there. Also, while you are there make it a point
to go to Cheers! Great Bar and the BEST NACHOS you'll ever eat!

Tourist trap.

I have
lived near Boston my whole life and it is a wonderful place to go. The
Fleet Center is great too as there may be a Concert going on.

As long as you don't really care to hear the music.
About the kindest thing you can say is that is sounde
better than the dear departed Boston Garden.

And the
Wang Center is a fabulous Opera House and you might be able to catch a
show there as well. If you need more info let me know. Where do you
live? I can mail you some stuff if you'd like.

--
"I can seriously injure or kill you in the ring."
"I'll attempt tokill your pathetic ass in the ring."
" ... I think you are right about no one
refuting you posting crap about no one"
"No pest - I am you do that."
"Nor am do I seek to beat anyone up"
"If you decide to come here, be aware I do not intend to beat
you up if we fight, I intend to kill you."
"I'll do my best to try to kill you"
"I WILL KILL YOU!"
"If it was possible, I would kill you all"
"Leave me alone!! I will kill you all!!"
"I will kill you!"
"I'll be there in a jiffy and try to kill you"
"Maybe it's time someone gave you a smashed head on the cement."
"I have cats"
"Presuming you did just decided to post this (or some pest beamed
it into your brain - it includes several things relating to crap
I had to deal with long ago - could just happen that way, though
seems intentional from someone)"

actual quotes from 'oseph "Foamy" McBartnozzle

Old September 7th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Pan

On 5 Sep 2004 09:38:29 -0700, (nikita)
wrote:

Hi everybody,
We ( my husband and I) are going to Boston during the months of
October and November.
We don't know much about local restaurants, shops, musea.

[snip]

The first thing I do when I'm planning a trip to a place and don't
know about museums or other main sights there is to go
www.yahoo.com
and do a search for information of that type about the place. Boston
has well-known museums that would presumably be listed on any Boston
travel site.

Here you go, a page with links to 49 local city guides to Boston that
I found in less than a minute with a few clicks:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/U_S__S.../Local_Guides/

Now, once I've looked at those links, I certainly will come back and
ask questions, but I do some internet research first. Don't
misunderstand me; I'm not criticizing you for asking us for help, just
suggesting how to do some preliminary research that could also help
you.

You might want to check the New England forum of eGullet and other
food websites like Chowhound.com (if you can stand the latter's user
interface) for information about where to dine.

Enjoy your trip!

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.
Old September 8th, 2004, 05:14 AM
nikita

Thank you all for answering my questions.
Of course I had searched the net and find lots of information but I
just wanted to know more info from those who actually live there.

Thank you

Nikita
Old September 8th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Jeanne

If you like exceptional desserts, try Finale, with two locations, Boston and
Cambridge. Both locations serve desserts and light appetizer plates. The
desserts are beautifully presented and are complimented by a nice selection
of dessert wines. It's one of the places I always bring out-of-town guests.

You can get more info from their website:

http://www.finaledesserts.com/index.html

I'd also suggest Top of the Hub at the Prudential Center for drinks and
appetizers at sunset.

Old September 9th, 2004, 08:20 AM
nikita

edweena wrote in message om...
nikita wrote:

[...]

Make sure you go to Quincy Market at Fanueil Hall. It is a great place
to spend the day. There is outdoor entertainment, tons of all types of
food to eat, lots of shopping and all kinds of outdoor vendors and
things to do. We love going there. You should also try to go to The
New England Aquarium while you are there. Legal Seafoods is right
around the corner from there. Also, while you are there make it a point
to go to Cheers! Great Bar and the BEST NACHOS you'll ever eat! I have
lived near Boston my whole life and it is a wonderful place to go. The
Fleet Center is great too as there may be a Concert going on. And the
Wang Center is a fabulous Opera House and you might be able to catch a
show there as well. If you need more info let me know. Where do you
live? I can mail you some stuff if you'd like.

Hi thank you so much for your help. I live in Belgium. I will
definitely go to Quincy Market and thank you for your suggestion about
the Wang Center. I am going to see if I can get tickets. I would love
to go to Maine and see the Lighthouses and of course Vermont. Have you
been to Silver lake?

Nikita
Old July 5th, 2005, 03:42 PM
- Bobb -

Happened by this and saw no response ....

Seems this Bob was right on

"Bob" wrote in message
m...

In article ,
Bob wrote:

Check to see if the Red Sox are in town,

[snip]

In October & November? What alternative universe are YOU from??

--
Bill Pittman; change for e-mail as indicated

Can be optimistic that they'll make the play offs....

can always hope at least