NY during Easter

Old February 17th, 2006, 09:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default NY during Easter

Hi al,

I was thinking about a trip to New York during the Easter period, which
this year happens to occur in mid-April. Coming from Scandinavia, I'm
used
to quiet Easter periods where many of the businesses and shops close
down. Will the situastion be the same in NY or can I expect a pretty
normal
routine where we would be able to the see all the standard tourist
attractions and go for shopping as usual - or is it the wrong time to
visit NY ?!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old February 18th, 2006, 04:54 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Easter isn't a federal holiday, and most places that are normally open
on Sunday will be open on Easter Sunday.

However a quick Google search did turn up some places in NY that close
for Easter, so you might want to check the schedules of any specific
places you're thinking of visiting that day, just to play it safe.