Carry-on luggage on a flight from Toronto to London (UK)

Old May 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada
Binyamin Dissen

Default Carry-on luggage on a flight from Toronto to London (UK)

On Wed, 30 May 2007 21:18:15 GMT "AlmostBob"
wrote:

:30 seconds, per person, per six seat row, 15 rows from the front
:it always feels like 15minutes behind them

I don't see that.

True, I am usually towards the front but even when I am towards the back I
rarely see people waiting to take down their bags, except when there is no
room to do it.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old May 30th, 2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Wed, 30 May 2007 21:18:16 GMT,
"AlmostBob" has scripted:

Mate, thats Qantas, Aussies mate

No we don't drink Fosters, we only export it

Bull****! It's mostly produced in the UK!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada
AlmostBob

produced in the UK(england & Scotland &
Ireland),Newfoundland,China,Vietnam,India,Germany, by local brewers under
license
Drunk the world over by everyone as Australia's beer
except Australians, who know better
Fourex VB

--
Now you may think the British don't produce much lager - in fact we do.
Carling Black Label, Heineken, Kronenbourg, Hurlimann, Oranjeboom,
Carlsberg, Fosters - yes you name it we produce it - under licence. My local
brewery - Shepherd Neame produces 'Swiss', 'Indian' and 'Dutch' lager. All
of the 'Australian' Fosters sold in the UK is produced by Scottish Courage
the brewing arm of Scottish & Newcastle, just as all the Fosters sold in the
states is produced in Canada. Fosters is a world wide mass-market lager. Yes
it's sold and produced in Australia, but it's not the biggest seller by any
means, and in any case when do large sales of beer indicate a decent pint?
Not very often. Australian friends seem to feel about Fosters the same as
most American beer reviewers feel about Budweiser, it's drinkable but .....
--
If at first you dont succeed
try try try again

_
"Deeply Filled Mortician" wrote
in message ...

Old May 31st, 2007, 09:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Thu, 31 May 2007 00:54:55 GMT,
"AlmostBob" has scripted:

[...]

Gimme a Cooper's Pale Ale anyday. That or Boag's anything.
--
---
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada
Neil Williams

On May 28, 6:37 am, Doc wrote:
Hello,

I'm flying from Toronto to London (UK/Great Britian) soon, and I
recall they had a ban on all carry-on items on UK flights sometime
last year, I know they might have lifted it but I just need to be
sure..

All items are allowed except liquids, gels etc and stuff that was
banned before. A limited number of liquids, gels etc may be carried
so long as they are in the regulation clear plastic bag and each
container does not exceed 100ml.

Additionally, you are *strictly* allowed only one carry-on item - no
personal item is permitted. Max size is the IATA size and is again
strictly enforced by some airports, and must include handles, straps
etc.

www.baa.co.uk will no doubt have decent info. These rules apply to
flights *out of* the UK. Inbound flights will have rules based on
their country of origin.

Neil

Old May 31st, 2007, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Doug Smith W9WI[_2_]

On Tue, 29 May 2007 21:59:52 -0400, Frank F. Matthews wrote:
Except for possible adjacent gates I wouldn't try a 20 minute connection
in Newark. Most of the instances were longer connections but involved
long shifts in a large airport. Atlanta was one that I remember.

After my last experience, I don't know if I'd try a
20-hour connection in Newark.

Doug S.

Old June 2nd, 2007, 01:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada
ant[_21_]

Frank F. Matthews wrote:
William Black wrote:

The airline will give you money to buy clothes if you're on the
outward leg.

Perhaps after a couple of days. Unlikely though their coverage limits
won't cover a decent suit.

Qantas lost my main bag between LA and NY some years back, and they (well,
their agents at JFK who were BA) gave me a couple of hundred bucks, plus
said I could spend $100 per day for 5 days on things I needed. So I did. Bag
turned up in Vermont the next week.

--
Don't try to email me;
I'm using the spammer

Old June 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada
Joseph Coulter

ant wrote:
Frank F. Matthews wrote:
William Black wrote:

The airline will give you money to buy clothes if you're on the
outward leg.

Perhaps after a couple of days. Unlikely though their coverage limits
won't cover a decent suit.

Qantas lost my main bag between LA and NY some years back, and they (well,
their agents at JFK who were BA) gave me a couple of hundred bucks, plus
said I could spend $100 per day for 5 days on things I needed. So I did. Bag
turned up in Vermont the next week.

Key here is "some years back" I have had luggage lost by AA and
USairways (4 days and 2) in the last year with no promise of
compensation. I had travel insurance so they paid and presumably
collected something from the airlines. In Stockhom I was luckier, NW
bags were merely late by 6 hours and we got toiletry kits with razors
and such plus a t shirt. the good part really was their already knowing
my name and when my bag would arrive as I walked up to the desk as in
"You are Mr. Coulter? Your bags missed the flight etc."