Canadian flag on the backback myth

Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:35 PM
Xomicron

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

Barney wrote in
:

"Mark Fagan" had
l.com:

It is merely an announcement to local people that since you are so
much more polite, and might even know a little of their language,
that Canadians are deserving of being treated better!

It could also be that Canadians visiting foreign countries don't refer
to the residents as foreigners and demand they speak english. They
don't go to a local restaurant and demand food as served at home. They
usualy don't spend the day telling their hosts how things are so much
better at home and try to make up for bad manners with a huge tip.

Most Americans don't do those things either.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:59 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Xomicron wrote:

The US is not at war with Afghanistan.

Then its armed forces were not faced by any illegal combatants.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:14 PM
Xomicron

Padraig Breathnach wrote in
:

Xomicron wrote:

The US is not at war with Afghanistan.

Then its armed forces were not faced by any illegal combatants.

What makes terrorists legal combatants?
Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
Xomicron

Magda wrote in
:

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:37:30 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, Xomicron
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... You may hate us but you're still our bitches.

You wish.

It's better that you haven't realized it yet.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:37 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Xomicron wrote:

The US is not at war with Afghanistan.

Then its armed forces were not faced by any illegal combatants.

What makes terrorists legal combatant?

What terrorists? Those who were fighting US troops in Afghanistan when
the US was not at war with Afghanistan?

Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Well, a columnist in my local paper was promoting Gengis Kahn as a role
model.

Ken Pisichko wrote:
So much for rules of engagement! Guess the US doesn't have any, eh?

Stephen Green wrote:
Quite frankly if I thought that a POW had certain knowledge that would
either give me an advantage or save my troops lives .. Well I would use what
ever measures necessary!