Boycott Filthy Canada

Old April 13th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Claim Guy

"Ken Pisichko" wrote in message

Now people can eat meat that has been "killed" by hired assassins at the

local
(or is it the far away) slaughterhouse AND at the same time forget about,

or
conveniently ignore, those hired "assassins" exist for the food industry.

That
is quite different from colonial times when most folks raised and

slaughtered
their own animals.

In addition, now we have newsgroups where folks can rant in isolation and

have
their commentary viewed by everyone without any physical consequences to

the
poster. In colonial times there always was public ridicule and the

occasional
rotten/over-ripe tomato thrown as such "cabbage heads". Definite

differences in
physical consequences - and attitudes towards others.

You attempt at toughening up your position is pretty lame.

"Assassination" is defined as a politically motivated killing. I haven't
many seals running for office.

It sure does make it look like you really "mean it" though - lol

Old April 13th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Dave Smith

Lucas Tam wrote:

And why, exactly, are seals not entitled to hunt fish?

Because they'll hunt the fish to extinction.

And why are humans not entitled to hunt seal?

Because they look cute. If seal pups looked like lobster the only reason
they would care about killing them in large numbers is because they would be
afraid of the the price getting to high.

Old April 13th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Lucas Tam

Dave Smith wrote in
:

And why are humans not entitled to hunt seal?

Because they look cute. If seal pups looked like lobster the only
reason they would care about killing them in large numbers is because
they would be afraid of the the price getting to high.

EXACTLY : )

Canada has strict limits on the number of seals that can be harvested each
year... In the last 5 - 10 years, the seal population has gone from ~3
million to 5 million. In otherwords, there are way too many seals.

Harvesting a couple hundred thousand is not going to harm the population -
just maintain it at the current levels (which are much too high anyways).

--
Lucas Tam )
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Paul E. Lehmann

Keith W wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
Lucas Tam wrote:

"Stephen Clark" wrote in news:1113341917.27563.0
@eunomia.uk.clara.net:

Seals are devasting fisheries in the Atlantic due to over population.
Anyways, a slaughterhouse looks about the same.

And why, exactly, are seals not entitled to hunt fish?

Because they'll hunt the fish to extinction.

And why are humans not entitled to hunt seal?

So I guess before man came on the scene on planet earth, the seals
overpopulated and ate all the fish?????????

Indeed they did, the population of the seals would then
decline preciptately (referred to as a crash) and the
fish population would recover. Such predator/prey
population cycles are well documented.

Keith

Can you cite sources for what you just said. I think nature does a better
job of keeping things in balance without the "crashes" you talk about.

News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy
via Encryption =----

Old April 13th, 2005, 07:26 PM
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

IIRC This whole seal pup thing came about because Greenpeace was accused
of interfering with the activities of other nations, The Whaling
nations, Japan, Iceland, etc,... the Nuclear nations, France, USA, UK,
etc... BUT they did not do anything politically against Canada, where
Greenpeace was founded. So they INVENTED this "sealing" thing to
deflect chauvinistic accusations against them. Seals are NOT ENDANGERED
SPECIES,.. the cull is controlled, the environmental effect is
negligible,... it is a POLITICAL INVENTION!!!

That is why I will never support Greenpeace again!

------ NUKE THE WHALES ---------

--
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Keith W

Keith W wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
Lucas Tam wrote:

"Stephen Clark" wrote in
@eunomia.uk.clara.net:

Seals are devasting fisheries in the Atlantic due to over population.
Anyways, a slaughterhouse looks about the same.

And why, exactly, are seals not entitled to hunt fish?

Because they'll hunt the fish to extinction.

And why are humans not entitled to hunt seal?

So I guess before man came on the scene on planet earth, the seals
overpopulated and ate all the fish?????????

Indeed they did, the population of the seals would then
decline preciptately (referred to as a crash) and the
fish population would recover. Such predator/prey
population cycles are well documented.

Keith

Can you cite sources for what you just said. I think nature does a better
job of keeping things in balance without the "crashes" you talk about.

Lotka, A. J. 1925. Elements of physical biology. Baltimo Williams &
Wilkins Co.
Volterra, V. 1926. Variazioni e fluttuazioni del numero d'individui in
specie animali conviventi. Mem

http://www.tu-dresden.de/fghhihb/petzoldt/models.html

Keith

Old April 13th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Keith W

Keith W wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message

Old April 14th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Dwayne

"Ken Pisichko" wrote in message
Dwayne wrote:

Looks like a typical hunting season (deer, moose, geese, duck etc..). How
is
this different from colonial times?

Dwayne

Now people can eat meat that has been "killed" by hired assassins

LOL!

Dwayne

Old April 14th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Ken Pisichko

Dwayne wrote:

Now people can eat meat that has been "killed" by hired assassins

LOL!

You kill the meat you eat? Or do you have someone else kill it for you? OR you
are a vegan??

Elaborate as to your food supply.

Old April 15th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Dwayne

Dwayne wrote:

Now people can eat meat that has been "killed" by hired assassins

LOL!

You kill the meat you eat? Or do you have someone else kill it for you? OR
you
are a vegan??

I hunt, trap, fish and plant a garden every year and shop at Safeway. The
garden consists of potatoes, tomotoes, carrots, beans, pees, cucumbers,
corn, garlic, onions, watermelon, and sunflower. I've cleaned fish, deer,
moose, chicken and praire chicken.
My humour was spawned because of the definition of assasination. "Its most
common use, assassination has come to mean the murder of an important
person. An assassin - one who carries out the assassination - is usually
motivated by ideological or political reasons ".
Reference: http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Assassin
I pictured a cow running for PM... and winning!
~:-)

Dwayne