Avoid Delta and Atlanta

Old July 21st, 2006, 01:58 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Tchiowa

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

The Reid wrote:
Following up to Dave Frightens Me

I agree, but I think that's a desirable goal. There isn't any reason
why human population must perpetually increase. And if it does
perpetually increase, eventually everyone will starve under the most
dire conditions, since the resources of the planet are finite.

I think we'll have a bit of warning.

you don't think we are already getting them? Warming, species
loss,oil and gas supplies....

Global warming has been going on for thousands of years. Species loss
is no greater than any other time in history and is offset by species
gain. Oil reserves will last at least another century by which time we
can easily have alternate energy sources (if the environmental nuts
will allow it, that is).

So where is your warning?

Old July 21st, 2006, 09:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Tchiowa

Global warming has been going on for thousands of years. Species loss
is no greater than any other time in history and is offset by species
gain. Oil reserves will last at least another century by which time we
can easily have alternate energy sources (if the environmental nuts
will allow it, that is).

So where is your warning?

stop belieng fairy tales?
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old July 21st, 2006, 10:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 02:00:20 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

They need education, not air-con.

There isn't any type of education that can replace air conditioning.

Education can replace it in terms of saving lives. It's cheaper too.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On 20 Jul 2006 17:58:37 -0700, "Tchiowa" wrote:

The Reid wrote:
Following up to Dave Frightens Me

I agree, but I think that's a desirable goal. There isn't any reason
why human population must perpetually increase. And if it does
perpetually increase, eventually everyone will starve under the most
dire conditions, since the resources of the planet are finite.

I think we'll have a bit of warning.

you don't think we are already getting them? Warming, species
loss,oil and gas supplies....

Global warming has been going on for thousands of years. Species loss
is no greater than any other time in history and is offset by species
gain. Oil reserves will last at least another century by which time we
can easily have alternate energy sources (if the environmental nuts
will allow it, that is).

Just what on earth makes you believe that?
--
---
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:13 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
mrtravel[_1_]

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On 20 Jul 2006 17:58:37 -0700, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Global warming has been going on for thousands of years. Species loss
is no greater than any other time in history and is offset by species
gain. Oil reserves will last at least another century by which time we
can easily have alternate energy sources (if the environmental nuts
will allow it, that is).

Just what on earth makes you believe that?

When I was in high school, I think I heard we had about 30 years of oil
left. How many years of oil do we have left 30 years later?
Old July 21st, 2006, 01:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:13:03 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On 20 Jul 2006 17:58:37 -0700, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Global warming has been going on for thousands of years. Species loss
is no greater than any other time in history and is offset by species
gain. Oil reserves will last at least another century by which time we
can easily have alternate energy sources (if the environmental nuts
will allow it, that is).

Just what on earth makes you believe that?

When I was in high school, I think I heard we had about 30 years of oil
left.

I think you heard wrong then.
--
---
Old July 21st, 2006, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
TOliver

"Dave Frightens Me" wrote...
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On 20 Jul 2006 17:58:37 -0700, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Global warming has been going on for thousands of years. Species loss
is no greater than any other time in history and is offset by species
gain. Oil reserves will last at least another century by which time we
can easily have alternate energy sources (if the environmental nuts
will allow it, that is).

Just what on earth makes you believe that?

When I was in high school, I think I heard we had about 30 years of oil
left.

I think you heard wrong then.
--

Just as you hear wrong now.

Conservatively, utilizing only what are called "proven reserves", adequate
recoverable petroleum (with permissible cost levels) exists for more than a
century at today's rates of use. Every day, exploration adds to the "proven
reserves", and substantial off shore oil (at recoverable depths) is likely
tb found (based on current experience).

Then you're around to more expensive oil, Canada's tar sands and the like,
and the vast coal reserves that still exists, much admittedly "dirty", but
convertible to power with cpntrollable emission levels.

Then there's the weather......

Is it warmer now? How long has it been getting warmer? Is the trend
"irrevrsible", delaybale or simply cyclical?

Back about 1100 or so, we know that Europe entered a mini-ice age. Quickly,
lifestyles changed in several identifiable "recorded" locales, the Western
Settlemnts" (Bratthalid?) in Greenland among the most notable, where clear
evidence showws a bustling agricultural and liverstock raising community
disappeared within a short period as the climate (local, regional, more than
that?) cooled. Grain wouldn't grow, livestock put on weight and folks died,
the evidence of malnutrition increasing by generation.

Today, a thousand years later, it's still too cold to raise grain, sheep or
cattle there.

.....and the global warmalists bend over backward to only tell you one side
of the tale, omitting Greenland's being cooler than it was at a set point in
recorded history, blaming it upon some minor local change in climate. While
telling you the accelerated rate that glaciers are calving, they omit
telling you that we have no idea as to the rate they were calving a thousand
years back. Nor do they mention that Greenland's ice cap is apparenly
thicker today than it was in the past.

All of these may be "local", but for scientists to ignore hundreds of other
bits and pieces of evidence to present only those "facts" which support
their theories is clearly junk science. We make a frightening bugaboo of
CO2 emissions without looking back at earth's history to periods in which
CO2 was emitted at rates far higher than today.

The earth may be warming, in some eyes to an eventual point at which man
will disappear. Some of the warming (if it's really happening) is likely
due to man and his works, but just as our capacity to have contributed is
open to question, our capacity to substantially reduce or reverse "warming"
is simply not quantifiable.

For every curtailment posited, practiced or effective among folks capable of
curtailing energy use or emissions, there are millions - make that
billions - of folks out there who inevitably will be consuming more and
emitting more as part of their economic struggles, individual, family,
tribal, and national. Mxsmaic may not breed, the French and the US middle
class may have children at a rate below the replacement level, but there
will be no shortage of folks reaching for rice bowls and porridge pots.

TMO

Old July 21st, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Education can replace it in terms of saving lives.

Then we can discard all heating systems and replace them with
"education."

Old July 21st, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

mrtravel writes:

When I was in high school, I think I heard we had about 30 years of oil
left. How many years of oil do we have left 30 years later?

We have 30 years of oil left every year.

Old July 21st, 2006, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:52:09 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Education can replace it in terms of saving lives.

Then we can discard all heating systems and replace them with
"education."

Your logic is broken. No-one said anything about heating.
--
---