FREE Prepaid Cell Phone

Old August 31st, 2006, 09:27 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default FREE Prepaid Cell Phone

7-Eleven's prepaid service, "Speak Out Wireless" will give you a FREE
GSM phone if you buy a $50 refill card. The minutes are valid for 365
days! You can find out how their service compares to other prepaid
services at

http://prepaidcellphone.blogspot.com/
Old September 1st, 2006, 03:03 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Technobarbarian

"Andrew White" wrote in message

7-Eleven's prepaid service, "Speak Out Wireless" will give you a FREE
GSM phone if you buy a $50 refill card. The minutes are valid for 365
days! You can find out how their service compares to other prepaid
services at

http://prepaidcellpho[munge]ogspot.com/

Perfect timing! I was just looking for a prepaid phone for my kid and
was going to buy Tracfone, but this seems like a much better deal for
a 365 day no-expiration service. Thank you!

hmmmm.........well, for someone who just wants an emergency phone or a
very low use phone this is probably the best bet--if the gotcha's don't get
ya'. The phones aren't available in all areas. In smaller urban areas the
charge goes from $0.20/minute to $0.39/minute. There's also apparently a
$1.25/month charge.

Here are more direct links:
http://www.7-eleven.com/newsroom/articles.asp?p=2312
http://www.7-eleven.com/products/doc...ochure_eng.pdf

For my usage pattern Net 10 is a better deal. For me it works out to
$15 a month with oodles of extra time in the months when my usage goes up.

http://www.net10.com

Cingular was recently selling out some pre-paid cell phones at Wal-mart
for $10. With their rates, unless you figured on throwing the thing away
when the original minutes expired, it still wasn't a good deal.

TB

Old September 1st, 2006, 03:04 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
larry

Andrew White wrote:
Andrew White wrote:

wrote:

7-Eleven's prepaid service, "Speak Out Wireless" will give you a FREE
GSM phone if you buy a $50 refill card. The minutes are valid for 365
days! You can find out how their service compares to other prepaid
services at

http://prepaidcellphone.blogspot.com/

Perfect timing! I was just looking for a prepaid phone for my kid and
was going to buy Tracfone, but this seems like a much better deal for
a 365 day no-expiration service. Thank you!

Just bought one! Nokia 3200 absolutely free with the purchase of $50
air-time card. So I got a great-looking (for a kid) and all-around
good phone, with $60 total of air-time valid for a whole year for just
$50. Thanks again!

so how much air time is that? monthly charge? Call required
per day/week/month/quarter etc? Roaming? Website? How
much left if you don't use it in a year ;-)

thanks, time for me to dump attw/cingular, shopping!

larry / dallas
Old September 1st, 2006, 05:05 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave[_6_]

How odd! The original poster and all the rave replies are coming from the
same ISP. I smell something bad.

Dave

"larry" wrote in message

Old September 1st, 2006, 11:16 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Bill[_1_]

So you think 7-11 has taken to posting phony stuff here?? What's
next? Posts about how great Slurpees are??

Bill

"larry" wrote in message

Old September 2nd, 2006, 05:53 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Mountain Mike^^

Afte doing research for this, I've come to the conclusion that T-mobile has
a better deal. Here's why

Buy a $50 phone (after rebate). Get free minutes with it. Immediately or
whenever buy a $100 card (1000 minutes, .10 a minute good for a year). NO
monthly service, like with 7 eleven and most others. Cheapest rate going. No
hidden roaming charges. Free long distance anywhere except overseas. BUT,
the most important thing is that whenever you buy even the cheapest refill
card, your unused minutes carryover for another year from that date.

MM^^

Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:44 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Andrew White wrote:

Perfect timing! I was just looking for a prepaid phone for my kid and
was going to buy Tracfone, but this seems like a much better deal for
a 365 day no-expiration service. Thank you!

While you are shopping, visit http://kc5fm.ld.net and at least get a
comparison.

For those that do not like to post in USENET from their real email
address, look at http://www.mail-filter.com for a FREE service that
lets you set up email addresses, ex. that
catches SPAM and delivers what YOU want to see from WHO you want to
see.

Let me know how more I can help.

--

Lloyd Colston Mayes County CEM
Pryor, OK USA

Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Newby

"Technobarbarian" wrote:

"Andrew White" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

7-Eleven's prepaid service, "Speak Out Wireless" will give you a FREE
GSM phone if you buy a $50 refill card. The minutes are valid for 365
days! You can find out how their service compares to other prepaid
services at

[snipped]

Are these GSM phone unlocked such that you can use another provider's SIM
cards?