FREE Prepaid Cell Phone

Old September 5th, 2006, 08:06 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Mountain Mike^^

Default FREE Prepaid Cell Phone

"Bob Ward" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:23:40 -0400, " jeff wrote:
The website indicates that you become a gold member after purchasing
$100 worth of minutes in total - which could be, but does not
necessarily mean a one-shot purchase.

So what? If it fits you, then sign-up. If you think they mislead you, then
quit buying minutes. I got the PagePlus, for $8. If I don't like it, I can
NOT buy anymore minutes. Pure capitalism......I love it.

MM^^

Old September 5th, 2006, 10:45 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
sylvan butler

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 03:54:12 GMT, larry wrote:
So, expect them to cancel or modify your program, use up
most of your time as you go along.

Yup.

T-Mo did two changes recently on the prepaid plan... They changed the
"gold" status value of the $10 card from 50 minutes to 35 minutes. And
incoming text and multi-media messages were free, now they charge.

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:50 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
sylvan butler

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:01:39 -0700, Ben Hogland wrote:
"bruce" wrote in message
Even better, If I understood it correctly, the refill keeps all
existing minutes active for the term of the refill. So if you have
only used one 10th of your minutes, and you are nearing the end of the
year, simply buy another $10 worth and extend all the minutes,
including the remaining 9/10ths, for the next year. Again if I
understood it correctly.

That's the way I understand it but it could be you are not a gold member
after the first year but even if that were the case and you added 10
dollars at day 365, you be good for two years on 110 bucks.. i.e., 55
dollars a year or $4.60 a month.

My account status, having added the original card in June 2005, a $100
refill with bonus 200 minutes (1200 total) in July 2005, and a $10 card
on 26 July 2006 (a few days before my 1yr would have expired):
"... Your balance will expire on 07-26-2007 at midnight. Thank you
for being a Gold Rewards customer"

No need to requal for Gold my second year. And _all_ my minutes were
renewed for an entire year.

Old September 6th, 2006, 05:54 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

wrote:
Unless something's changed, I think you may be incorrect. I'm on that T-Mobile
plan (I tell everyone about it, it's the best deal I've been able to find). But
I think you have to refill in increments of $100.00 to have all of your unused
minutes extended for another year. That was my understanding when I switched
from a monthly account with them to this prepaid account. It doesn't change my
high opinion of the deal....for a low usage account, it comes out to like $8.50
a month for someone like me.

I have both page plus and T-Mobile to Go prepaid plans. Despite being
on the Verizon network, page plus is lacking in coverage in many spots
in my area, while T-Mobile, which gets slammed for poor coverage by
some has great coverage in my area.

The thing is, it could be the exact opposite 40 miles away. So, pick
the plan that does the best for you in YOUR area.

For me that's T-Mobile. The $100 deal for a 1,000 minutes for a year is
great. If you buy from some Websites, you can save 8 to 20 percent on
the T-Mobile $100 card, picking it up for $80 to $92, with no sales
tax.

Page plus has a horrible web site. They used to have a better website
on the Yahoo shopping network, but I just looked for it and could not
find it.

However, if you are interested in page plus, as suggested go to e-bay
and look over the activation deals offered....oh, and in addition to
searching for "page plus," also search for pageplus, some dealers spell
it one way, some spell it another.....

Old September 7th, 2006, 04:25 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

Vic Smith wrote:

Hey, are you a shill for Pageplus? I don't care about coverage where
you live. Anybody who gets cellular should check for suitable
coverage as the first order of business.

Unfortunately many people don't do this, they look only at the price.
T-Mobile intentionally limits their prepaid coverage, by not allowing
roaming onto any 800 MHz carriers.

I'm simply a PagePlus customer. Prior to Pageplus, I used
BeyondWireless, as they had a very good TDMA prepaid plan.

You should choose wireless service, prepaid and postpaid based on two
criteria:

1) Coverage, not just coverage at your home, but coverage in places that
you're likely to go, especially areas off the beaten path, out in the
boonies.

For prepaid, that limits you to Verizon InPulse, PagePlus, Locus Viva,
and Locus Platinum.

2) Price

PagePlus has the best price, and the longest expiration time, of all the
prepaid providers that use the CDMA/AMPS network.

I don't care a whit about California coverage as I never intend to go
there. Don't want anything to do with a place where my cell phone
won't work.

Ah, so you choose your destinations based on where your cell phone
works. Very clever. Don't extrapolate your own strange behavior onto
everyone else.
Old September 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.cellular,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Mountain Mike^^

"SMS" wrote in message
PagePlus has the best price, and the longest expiration time, of all the
prepaid providers that use the CDMA/AMPS network.

I don't care a whit about California coverage as I never intend to go
there. Don't want anything to do with a place where my cell phone
won't work.

Ah, so you choose your destinations based on where your cell phone
works. Very clever. Don't extrapolate your own strange behavior onto
everyone else.

Yep. Pageplus if fine at the moment. Compared toanything else, it seems a
steal. However, I'm having trouble setting up voice mail. No support. Any
ideas?

MM^^--but, doesn't like to return calls anyways