Spirit Airline going to charge for overhead bin baggage

Old April 6th, 2010, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

Default Spirit Airline going to charge for overhead bin baggage

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/06...ex.html?hpt=T2
Old April 6th, 2010, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bert Hyman

In "LVTravel"
wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/06...ex.html?hpt=T2

Spirit Airlines announced Tuesday that it will charge its
customers $20 to $45 for items they place in the overhead bins.

Yipes!

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old April 7th, 2010, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected][_1_]

On Apr 6, 4:45*pm, Bert Hyman wrote:
"LVTravel"

wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/06...s/index.html?h...

* * * * Spirit Airlines announced Tuesday that it will charge its
* * * * customers $20 to $45 for items they place in the overhead bins.

Yipes!

--
Bert Hyman * * *St. Paul, MN *

I guess I will try to avoid them.

Michael
Old April 7th, 2010, 08:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"LVTravel" wrote in message
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/06...ex.html?hpt=T2

Anyone distressed by this announcement should email Spirit at
to show your displeasure. The more emails the
more likely they will stop the new charges.

Old April 7th, 2010, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Apr 7, 3:11*pm, "LVTravel" wrote:
"LVTravel" wrote in message

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/06...s/index.html?h...

Anyone distressed by this announcement should email Spirit at
to show your displeasure. *The more emails the
more likely they will stop the new charges.

If they stopped charging for checked baggage I'll be ok with it ... so
many people take the carry-on limits to the hilt and then some to
avoid that charge ... and while going to vacation I check my bags but
often have to scramble to find room for my small goodie bag I carry
with me ...
Maybe check one get one carry on free ...
Old April 7th, 2010, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

LV Travel,i contacted spirit airlines by e-mail,and at least they sent
me back an answer telling me their customers are their first
priority,and they will get back to me. Did not expect them
to contact me,but still will not fly them if they put on the new carryon
charge.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old April 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Patricia Martin Steward[_2_]

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:11:46 -0400, "LVTravel"
wrote:

Anyone distressed by this announcement should email Spirit at
to show your displeasure. The more emails the
more likely they will stop the new charges.

Oh, I think their declining ridership will get that across to them
just fine.

--
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing
which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has
Old April 8th, 2010, 02:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Patricia
Martin Steward wrote:

Oh, I think their declining ridership will get that across to them
just fine.

Spirit airlines is a big discount airline so it is possible the total
cost will be less even with the fee than taking say US Air. I give that
example because in my area both Spirit and US Air fly from Washington
Reagan to Fort Lauderdale. So it still may be worth booking with them.

--
Charles
Old April 8th, 2010, 05:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Patricia
Martin Steward wrote:

Oh, I think their declining ridership will get that across to them
just fine.

Spirit airlines is a big discount airline so it is possible the total
cost will be less even with the fee than taking say US Air. I give that
example because in my area both Spirit and US Air fly from Washington
Reagan to Fort Lauderdale. So it still may be worth booking with them.

--
Charles

Except that if they are not stopped all the other airlines will impose the
fee also. Don't think that Spirit or any other airline will lower the price
of a ticket the same amount that they are adding in the "pay as you go"
fees. US Air, Delta, AA, United didn't lower prices when they started
adding the baggage fees, as a matter of fact they raised many of them.