How is NAPLES in Italy ? If I want to visit either Milan or Naples, which one should I pick ?

Old April 25th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Shivani

Default How is NAPLES in Italy ? If I want to visit either Milan or Naples, which one should I pick ?

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if I have time either to visit Milan or Naples, which
one should I pick, if I am going to Italy for the first time? Which is
more beautiful and worth seeing place?
Thank you for your advice in advance.
Shivani

Old April 25th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Alan S

On 24 Apr 2005 17:20:55 -0700, "Shivani"
wrote:

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if I have time either to visit Milan or Naples, which
one should I pick, if I am going to Italy for the first time? Which is
more beautiful and worth seeing place?
Thank you for your advice in advance.
Shivani

I've never been to Milan; I've been to Naples.

Go to Milan:-)

You can also do a quick side trip to Venice from there.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old April 25th, 2005, 03:04 AM

Neither. If it's your first time in Italy, and you only have time for
one city, go to Rome. (Or go to Florence and do day trips to smaller
towns around it.) Milan and Naples have their charms, but you'd
probably find other places in Italy more rewarding.

Old April 25th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Claim Guy

"Shivani" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Folks,

I am wondering if I have time either to visit Milan or Naples, which
one should I pick, if I am going to Italy for the first time? Which is
more beautiful and worth seeing place?
Thank you for your advice in advance.
Shivani

Neither.

You would have had to really try to pick two more boring ugly large "name"
Italian cities.

Pick anything else.

Old April 25th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Zinzan

Le Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:01:25 -0400, "Claim Guy"
a écrit :

You would have had to really try to pick two more boring ugly large "name"
Italian cities.

Since when Naples is boring ?

- Spacanapoli
- Archeologic Museum
- Costa Amalfitana
- Sorrento
- Pompei

Talk about a boring place !
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:28 AM
ted

"Zinzan" wrote in message
Le Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:01:25 -0400, "Claim Guy"

You would have had to really try to pick two more boring ugly large "name"
Italian cities.

Since when Naples is boring ?

Talk about a boring place !

Don't encourage the Philistines. There are enough of the buggers cluttering
up Italy as it is.

If they think the Brera (in Milan) is boring, they would be better advised
to stick to Disney Land in Florida, or wherever it is.

Old April 25th, 2005, 10:19 AM
tile

as an italian
I can confirm Milano is only a capital of an industrial region
Naples has been the capital of a Kingdom. and boasts a lot of palaces,
museums, churches
that will need at least a full week to visit.
Not to mention the Palace in Caserta and the two well known islans of Capri
and Ischia.
Also Pompei and Ercolano are withing reach. but again it will take you
almost one day to visit one of the two.
If you still have time, you can visit the greek temples of Paestum..
I agree with other people though.. that if you are in Italy Rome and Venice
are in the first places.

Old April 25th, 2005, 10:20 AM
The Reids

Following up to Shivani

I am wondering if I have time either to visit Milan or Naples, which
one should I pick, if I am going to Italy for the first time?

Neither. Bologna, Sienna, Firenze(florence) would be a good
start. Then there is Venice. I haven't "done" Rome.
Between Milan and Napoli I would choose Napoli for:-
a) mad driving
b) Vesuvius
c) pizza
d) Pompeii

but stay down in the smart part by the sea and the Castell D'Oro
with its restaurant area.

snaps:-
http://www.lawn-mower-man.co.uk/italy.htm"
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:20 AM
The Reids

Following up to Zinzan

You would have had to really try to pick two more boring ugly large "name"
Italian cities.

Since when Naples is boring ?

- Spacanapoli
- Archeologic Museum
- Costa Amalfitana
- Sorrento
- Pompei

Talk about a boring place !

You could use many descriptions for Napoli, boring isnt one of
them!!!
Old April 25th, 2005, 02:10 PM

Shivani wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am wondering if I have time either to visit Milan or Naples, which
one should I pick, if I am going to Italy for the first time? Which

is
more beautiful and worth seeing place?
Thank you for your advice in advance.
Shivani

You see you're getting an interesting response to an apprently
simple question. The reason is because you didn't give much detail
about the context of your question. Such detail such as:

1) Where else in Italy will you be visiting.

2) How much time do you have?

3) What are your interests?

Within the strict confines of your question I'd probably
suggest Naples, but with the slight caveat that I'd
probably actually "stay" in Sorrento and "day trip" Naples.
That leaves you well situated for day trips to Pompeii,
the Amalfi Coast, and Capri.

But Milan has it's uses, depending greatly upon where
else you might be going.