drive miami to seattle

Old November 11th, 2004, 09:28 PM
tom M

Default drive miami to seattle

Hi we are planning a trip from Miami to Seattle in first weeks of Aug.
Does anyone have any advice such as Car rentals, motels, routes,
sites, and anything else would be valued from someone who may have
done this or similar before.

Thanks and God Bless

Tom

Old November 12th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Nile

Tom wrote:

any advice such as Car rentals, motels, routes, sites

As for route and sites along the way (for the minor cities), how about:

Miami - Atlanta - Chattanooga (Lookout Mountain) - Nashville
(restaurants and bars in Lower Broadway / Second Ave., or around
Vanderbilt Univ., areas in the evening) - Kentucky Lake or Lake Barkley
if you have time (maybe spend a night at the lodge) - St Louis - Kansas
City - St Joseph (Pony Express Museum, Jesse James house). Then up to
I-90 to Sioux Falls (the falls are worth a stop) - Mitchell (the Corn
Palace!) - the Badlands - Rapid City (try to stay at Keystone -- Mt
Rushmore) - Deadwood - Devils Tower if you have time (you can see it
from a distance if nothing else) - Little Bighorn (a definitely-see, on
this route)- dip down to Yellowstone - Grand Teton is south if you have
time - Coeur d'Alene (stop for lunch downtown if nothing else; it's on a
lake) - Seattle. I've done almost all of that route in pieces,
including the St Louis - Seattle portion back in September; highly
recommended.

That's all interstate, unless you'd rather go side roads. You could
turn left at Omaha and follow I-80 to Scottsbluff and then head north;
more like following the old Oregon Trail.

In August, there will be baseball games in several of those cities; at
least minor league in almost all.

Old November 12th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Dud & Barb

Hi we are planning a trip from Miami to Seattle in first weeks of Aug.
Does anyone have any advice such as Car rentals, motels, routes,
sites, and anything else would be valued from someone who may have
done this or similar before.

Well, when you hit Oregon, you may want to drive to visit Crater Lake, the
Oregon High Desert Museum (just south of Bend), the Oregon Garden (just east
of Salem), drive north on the Oregon coast, etc. Enjoy the scenery - we do!