Uk internal flight advise

Old April 17th, 2007, 09:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Glenn Clark

Default Uk internal flight advise

Hi all

I have booked a flight from gatwick to edinburgh throught BA. Can anyone
tell me what sort of time I need to get to the airport as I have only flown
once and needed to be there 2 hours before with that 1 as it was abroad.

Also has anyone used these BA e-tickets. A little confused as what paperwork
I need to print off for the flight and to check- in onlie etc

Many thanks

Glenn

Old April 17th, 2007, 10:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jim Ley

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:20:29 +0100, "Glenn Clark"
wrote:

I have booked a flight from gatwick to edinburgh throught BA. Can anyone
tell me what sort of time I need to get to the airport as I have only flown
once and needed to be there 2 hours before with that 1 as it was abroad.

What time of day? if it's a busy time I'd say 90 or so minutes, if
not 60 is fine.

Also has anyone used these BA e-tickets. A little confused as what paperwork
I need to print off for the flight and to check- in onlie etc

You need nothing at all, just take your passport or credit card you
used to buy the ticket, stick it in the machine.

Having your confirmation and flight number might be useful, but not
very.

Jim.
Old April 17th, 2007, 04:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mimi

"Jim Ley" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:20:29 +0100, "Glenn Clark"
wrote:

snip

Also has anyone used these BA e-tickets. A little confused as what
paperwork
I need to print off for the flight and to check- in onlie etc

You need nothing at all, just take your passport or credit card you
used to buy the ticket, stick it in the machine.

Well, if you check in online and get your seat, you'll need to print your
boarding pass. Otherwise, there are often computer terminals in the airport
for automated check-in.

If you're not checking a bag, with your boarding pass, you can go straight
to the gate. If you do have a bag, there are usually shorter lines for
dropping off baggage.

There's a reservation code attached to your e-ticket. You need that code to
check in online, either in the terminal or beforehand. I usually end up
memorizing it.

Marianne

Old April 17th, 2007, 05:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On Apr 17, 5:41 pm, "Mimi" wrote:
"Jim Ley" wrote in message

... On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:20:29 +0100, "Glenn Clark"
wrote:

snip

Also has anyone used these BA e-tickets. A little confused as what
paperwork
I need to print off for the flight and to check- in onlie etc

You need nothing at all, just take your passport or credit card you
used to buy the ticket, stick it in the machine.

Well, if you check in online and get your seat, you'll need to print your
boarding pass. Otherwise, there are often computer terminals in the airport
for automated check-in.

If you're not checking a bag, with your boarding pass, you can go straight
to the gate. If you do have a bag, there are usually shorter lines for
dropping off baggage.

There's a reservation code attached to your e-ticket. You need that code to
check in online, either in the terminal or beforehand. I usually end up
memorizing it.

Even if you don't have access to a printer it's worth checking in on
line if you have the chance, so as to get the seat you want. You can
then take your bag to the "bag drop" counter and pick up your boarding
card there.

B;

Old April 19th, 2007, 10:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

wrote:

[]
Even if you don't have access to a printer it's worth checking in on
line if you have the chance, so as to get the seat you want. You can
then take your bag to the "bag drop" counter and pick up your boarding
card there.

Given that on our recent flight with Ryanair (Treviso) we had only
check-in luggage, it was a bit annoying to find out that as a non-EU/EEA
passport holder, my partner wasn't allowed to do an online checkin from
the UK, which prevented me from doing so too.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net