Family Hotel on Beach in St. Petersburg Area?

Old October 26th, 2004, 07:01 PM
anonymous

Hi,

lots in the St. Pete area!

but when you're doing a search remember the beaches are all seperate
towns...

St. Petersburg Beach
Treasure Island
Madeira Beach
..
..
..
Clearwater Beach....

mikem wrote:
I wonder if anyone could rec. a beachfront hotel in the St. Petersburg
area that would be good for a family with 14 & 16 year old kids.

This year during the March break we stayed in North Miami (about 10
miles from Ft. Lauderdale) at both the Newport Beach resort and the
Ramada Marco Polo and thought they were perfect for us.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike - Toronto

--

Lienad .45/.410 Single Shot Derringer Parts Kit
Old October 27th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Nile

I wonder if anyone could rec. a beachfront hotel in the St.

Petersburg area that would be good for a family with 14 & 16 year old
kids.

Search this group in Google; this question came up earlier this year.
Consider Clearwater Beach instead; it has a walkable town-area, off the
beach highway that slices through St Petersburg Beach, that I bet the
teenagers and adults both would prefer.

Old November 4th, 2004, 11:30 AM
mikem

Someone mentioned the Tradewinds in St. Petes Beach. Can anyone rec.
a similar place they have been to in Clearwater (in a moderate price
range - $150/night)?

The Sherator Sand Key is already booked up for my dates in March.

Thanks - Mike, Toronto

Old November 13th, 2004, 08:36 AM

The Tradewinds has a sister property, the Sirata Beach Resort in the
same area. We have stayed twice at the Buccanner Beach Motel in
Treasure Island and found it nice, yet reasonable. It by no means is a
"resort", but, has a pool, nice rooms in different confirgurations from
plain hotel rooms to 2 bedroom suites. There are stores and restaurants
within walking distance.

Definitely take the teens to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island while in
the area. Mine love to go there.