Onboard account question

Old June 19th, 2004, 01:31 AM
MMB

Default Onboard account question

Hi All,

The wife and I have been on a dozen or so cruises but I have never had this
situation arise.

We are booked on RCI Radiance OTS and on this trip we have two of our
friends that want to go along with us. These two friends do not really know
each other well but they decided to share cabin to save some money. Being
that they live in two different areas I did all of the bookings and
payments.

My question is this: When they board the ship will there be any problem
with them setting up their own separate on board accounts? In my past
experiences all charges for my wife and I were just put on one charge card.

Thanks in advance........
Michael

Old June 19th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Peter Berlin

Not a problem, when they check in, they can arrrange for
their own accounts on their own roomkey/ID/Charge Card.

Peter

--
Peter Berlin
Peter Berlin's Travel Center

Old June 19th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Tobie Gerbrandt

Hi Michael,

There should be NO problem with setting up separate accounts for your two
friends. I believe they do this kind of thing all the time.

Another thing you should be very careful of though. You said these two
friends live in different locations. Sometimes we see specials with fine
print, such as "this offer only applies to residents of (state) or to
restricted to people that received that particular mailing.

I have heard of people arriving at the port with documents they thought were
in order, just to find that they had to pay an additional fee before they
were allowed to board, because one or more of the passengers didn't fit the
profile for that special price.

I hope this doesn't apply in your case, but I thought you should be
informed.

Have a great cruise.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old June 19th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Cal Ford

In fact, you, or they, should be able to do this in advance by completing the
online preboarding documentation. That way the cards will be correct and waiting
for them at check-in.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , MMB says...

Old June 19th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Mike Cordelli

You can certainly set it up that way, but there may be confusion if charges
are written down and the cards aren't swiped, so just have them check the
bill carefully, if there are mistakes they should be real easy to correct.

Old June 19th, 2004, 03:18 PM
MLD

Just went thought that--When each couple fills out their pre-cruise
documentation they will find the credit card charge authorization form. One
form per couple takes care of your concern.
MLD

Old June 19th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Plasma

I have heard of this before and the only problems I have heard about is when
there is a room service charge (i.e. beers delivered to the room). This
normally gets applied to the first person on the cabin account. Otherwise,
each with their personal card which gets swiped in the gift shop or bar is
kept separately.

Mike in Ohio