Seattle to San Francisco in December

Old December 14th, 2007, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Eugene Miya

Default Seattle to San Francisco in December

In article ,
wrote:
Come down Highway 101. Snow, or ice, is extremely unlikely.

Yeah but mudslides from Coos Bay S to at least Cloverdale are possible
at various points.

Old December 15th, 2007, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:02:53 -0800, "Walt Tucker"
wrote:

wrote in message
Come down Highway 101. Snow, or ice, is extremely unlikely.

That route will most likely add 5 - 8 hours of driving to the trip. No snow
on the coastal route, but likely lots of high winds pushing you around on
the drive south. More rain, too, this time of year.

If the reports indicate there will be snow on I-5, US-101 could
be hours faster.

Old December 17th, 2007, 03:22 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS 斯蒂文• 夏

Littlefoot via TravelKB.com wrote:
I don't have a little thing to keep in my britches, I'm a girl!

Ah, that's why you actually got prepared by practicing putting on
chains, rather than laying under the car in the snow by the side of the
road in a blizzard trying to figure out how to do it, or finding out
that they don't fit, or ending up with them wrapped around the axle and
CV joint.

In the Sierra's you can get all sorts of free chains that fall off
people's wheels when they put them on wrong. Unfortunately the market
for used tire chains is very small.
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Walt Tucker

"Littlefoot via TravelKB.com" u39811@uwe wrote in message
Thanks everyone! This information has been extremely helpful. I've loaded
up
on bottle water, beef jerky, crackers and emergency blankets. I went up to
the mountains a few days ago and pricticed driving on some ice and snow. I
also showed my 2 friends how to put the chains on. I even found a really
cheap CB radio at a thrift shop, so now I can communicate with the experts
of
the road (truckers) I have maps and books of the hotels located off of
I-5. I
am now excited about this roadtrip instead of nervous. So if any one is
driving on I-5 on December 21st and 22nd look for a black Corolla with 3
twenty three years old talking on a CB.

Thanks again everyone!

Let us know how the trip went when you get back.