Oysters in San Francisco

Old December 17th, 2007, 05:22 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
James Silverton[_2_]

Default Oysters in San Francisco

Hello, All!

Has anyone any recommendations for a bar or restaurant serving
really fresh-tasting oysters in San Francisco? So far, I've been
disappointed but I expect to try again next week.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Old December 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Dec 17, 9:22 am, "James Silverton"
wrote:
Hello, All!

Has anyone any recommendations for a bar or restaurant serving
really fresh-tasting oysters in San Francisco? So far, I've been
disappointed but I expect to try again next week.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Where have you been already so we don't recommend somewhere where
you've been disappointed.

Have you tried the obvious, Hog Island in the Ferry Building?
Old December 18th, 2007, 04:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

"James Silverton" wrote in message
Hello, All!

Has anyone any recommendations for a bar or restaurant serving really
fresh-tasting oysters in San Francisco? So far, I've been disappointed but
I expect to try again next week.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Take a ride up to Tomales Bay and you can go right to the oyster farm.
There are farms at both ends of Marshalls. Tony's in Marshall had BBQ and
fresh. Hog Island, Johnston's (They may now be Drakes Bay Oysters) and
Tomales Bay Oysters.