Qaeda Leader Says Chasing Americans in 'anywhere"

Old December 19th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Earl Evleth

Default Qaeda Leader Says Chasing Americans in 'anywhere"

So far, it not evident. I wear my American sweat shirts all the time
in Paris and never have had a bomb yet. Al Qaeda will concentrate
on Americans and other non-Arab foreigners in Iraq. Secondly, an
attack has to be newsworthy. And we are taking the same AA flight that
Reid took to Miami in January. Not to worry.

Earl

****

Qaeda Leader Says Chasing Americans in 'Homeland'

52 minutes ago

Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Firouz Sedarat

DUBAI (Reuters) - Arabic television al Jazeera on Friday aired an audio tape
purportedly from al Qaeda's second in command Ayman al-Zawahri, saying his
group was chasing Americans everywhere, including the United States.

"America has been defeated (by) our fighters despite all its military might,
its weaponry ... With God's help we are still chasing Americans and their
allies everywhere, including their homeland," said the speaker, believed to
be Zawahri who the United States says is Osama bin Laden ( news -web sites
)'s deputy.

The warning came as a U.S. intelligence official said U.S. authorities were
studying a terror threat to New York City and were "very concerned" by the
volume of threats to U.S. interests at home and overseas.

"Americans have become unable to defend themselves and even to protect their
biggest criminals and leaders such as (Deputy Defense Secretary Paul)
Wolfowitz," the speaker said in apparent reference to an attack on a hotel
Wolfowitz stayed at in Baghdad in October.

"How can we excuse you after all the warnings that we gave you. You reap
what you sow," he said, addressing the American people. Al Qaeda has
repeatedly urged Americans to oppose the policies of President Bush ( news
-web sites ).

There was no way to independently verify the voice on the tape was Zawahri.
Jazeera and another Arab satellite television station, Al Arabiya, have
broadcast similar messages said to be from Zawahri and bin Laden.

In October, the CIA ( news -web sites ) said its analysis determined a
Jazeera audio tape was like the voice of bin Laden. In August, the CIA said
an Arabiya tape was likely the voice of Zawahri.

The speaker said attacks against U.S. occupation troops in Iraq ( news -web
sites ) were carried out by Muslim militants and ordinary Iraqis, denying
that only supporters of deposed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein ( news -web
sites ) were behind the resistance.

The resistance is "true and genuine and coming from the Iraqi people," said
the tape released days after U.S. forces captured Saddam in Iraq.

He threatened Arab countries that provided "bases and help" to U.S. forces
to fight Muslims to be ready for "judgment day," saying the United States
was getting ready to withdraw from the region.

The United States leads a 12,000-strong force in Afghanistan ( news -web
sites ) after a U.S.-led 2001 invasion ousted the hardline Taliban which
gave shelter to al Qaeda, blamed for the September 11 attacks on the United
States. Islamic militants are still active in the southeast of the country.

Egyptian-born Zawahri joined up with al Qaeda leader bin Laden in 1998 and
was indicted in New York two years ago in connection with the 1998 embassy
bombings in Kenya and Tanzania.

Old December 19th, 2003, 09:03 PM
David Horne

Earl Evleth wrote:

And we are taking the same AA flight that
Reid took to Miami in January. Not to worry.

That plane didn't crash though. I was on the same flight number (not the
same plane however) from JFK to CAI that plunged into the atlantic about
10 months later.

David

--
David Horne- (website under reconstruction)
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old December 19th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Mxsmanic

Earl Evleth writes:

So far, it not evident. I wear my American sweat shirts all the time
in Paris and never have had a bomb yet. Al Qaeda will concentrate
on Americans and other non-Arab foreigners in Iraq. Secondly, an
attack has to be newsworthy. And we are taking the same AA flight that
Reid took to Miami in January. Not to worry.

That firefighter who dared them to come and get him is still alive and
well, as far as I know.

Old December 20th, 2003, 03:19 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

So far, it not evident. I wear my American sweat shirts all the time
in Paris and never have had a bomb yet.

If you are wearing an American sweatshirt they figure you are from Eastern
Europe.

Old December 20th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Mxsmanic

Douglas W. Hoyt writes:

If you are wearing an American sweatshirt they figure
you are from Eastern Europe.

And that you are rich by Eastern European standards as well.

Old December 21st, 2003, 12:46 AM
Deep Freud Moors

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:34:00 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Douglas W. Hoyt writes:

If you are wearing an American sweatshirt they figure
you are from Eastern Europe.

And that you are rich by Eastern European standards as well.

Rich eastern Europeans are easily spotted, because they can afford a
t-shirt.
---
DFM
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:07 AM
Reid

Following up to Earl Evleth

And we are taking the same AA flight that
Reid took to Miami in January

I've never been to Miami. (I make a point of not flying in
trainers)
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:07 AM
Reid

Following up to Deep Freud Moors

And that you are rich by Eastern European standards as well.

Rich eastern Europeans are easily spotted, because they can afford a
t-shirt.

I followed a Pole in a brand new Audi last night, couldn't see if
he could afford a tee shirt. Very oddly I followed him again
about an hour later. Not something that happens often in London
traffic.
Old December 22nd, 2003, 10:47 AM
Earl Evleth

On 22/12/03 10:07, in article ,
"Reid" wrote:

Following up to Earl Evleth

And we are taking the same AA flight that
Reid took to Miami in January

I've never been to Miami. (I make a point of not flying in
trainers)

I was talking about your terrorist relative.

Earl

Old December 22nd, 2003, 01:52 PM
Reid

Following up to Earl Evleth

I've never been to Miami. (I make a point of not flying in
trainers)

I was talking about your terrorist relative.

Fortunately, all people with the same name are not related.