Should cruising be regulated as addicting?

Old August 11th, 2004, 01:42 PM
KathyDFrog

Default Should cruising be regulated as addicting?

I've concluded that the cruise experience is a heavy addiction comparable to
gambling or booze/drugs. I find my myself planning continuously (I'm up to
2006 with money down on two 2005 cruises) and frequently chattering about the
food and service on our last cruise.

My wife and I discovered cruising in 2002 and we are already "elite" members of
Celebrity Captain's Club (10 cruises)-are we sick? Do we need therapy?
Old August 11th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Steve Hennessey

Hi, my name's Steve and I'm a cruisaholic.

Addicted? - Yes
Sick? - No (my PTO allocation is too small to accommodate both
cruising and sickness)
Need Therapy? - NO WAY (Cruising IS my therapy)

Like you, We're relatively new to cruising. My wife and I took our
first cruise September 1999. We've now cruised 11 times. Number 12
sails next month, number 13 departs 2/26/2005, and we're planning
number 14 (for fall 2005).

Of course, the kids' college fund became the College Fjord fund! (just
kidding)
Steve.

P.S. The Celebrity product is a firm favorite of ours too.

Old August 11th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Gayle A Kortright

Heavens I hope not!!

This is the one addiction I have that doesn't add weight or give me
pimples. I don't want to be cured of this addiction! We just cruised to
Alaska in May and are planning our next one (same place) for next year.
The year after - Disney if my niece can swing her and her son's fares.
I just can't afford to pay for them but will try to help out a little.
If I could cruise every other month I'd be a very happy person!!

Again - DON'T WANT TO BE CURED!!! (shouting intentional!)

Gayle

Old August 11th, 2004, 08:12 PM
0 O

Adicted ? We have 500 days on Holland America

FAIR WINDS

Old August 11th, 2004, 08:12 PM
0 O

Old August 11th, 2004, 08:56 PM